Honda Rune

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by jmillheiser »

The Rune that our local honda dealer got was sold pretty quickly, but have never seen anyone riding it around town (must be strictly a bar hopper).

I always like the old Valkyries.

Caper#5
Veteran
Veteran

#22 Unread post by Caper#5 »

I have seen one on the highway last year, looked sharp. Other than that all of the other ones I've seen have been on showroom floors.
2005 Suzuki 650 Bandit S

Everyday is a good day to ride!

ChriswithaHawk
Rookie
Rookie

#23 Unread post by ChriswithaHawk »

If I won the powerball i would have a valkyrie rune. i think its the absolute most BEAUTIFUL bike.

the thing has an engine thats almost the size of the one in my cage. it would be like sitting on top of a scud.

... its got a different than all other hogs look.. stands out

flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

#24 Unread post by flw »

My opinion only.

99.999% of the people that are into bikes, generally think of Honda as a quality bike line, that ends in the Gold Wing or touring line-Period.

So people that have the money for a nontouring bike with a price tag like that, tend to hang out at Harley dealers and the like.

It would be like Kia car company selling a truely high performance 2 seater with high quality to truely rival the Chevy Vette for its performance and price class. Vette people and the like, don't ever go to Kia Dealer-Ever.

Just my opinion that it was doomed from the start :frusty: , other than a proof of concepts, for various improvments to use on new or existing bikes-Maybe or someday or just a cool idea that it can work.
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

Big B
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#25 Unread post by Big B »

flw wrote:My opinion only.

99.999% of the people that are into bikes, generally think of Honda as a quality bike line, that ends in the Gold Wing or touring line-Period.

So people that have the money for a nontouring bike with a price tag like that, tend to hang out at Harley dealers and the like.

It would be like Kia car company selling a truely high performance 2 seater with high quality to truely rival the Chevy Vette for its performance and price class. Vette people and the like, don't ever go to Kia Dealer-Ever.

Just my opinion that it was doomed from the start :frusty: , other than a proof of concepts, for various improvments to use on new or existing bikes-Maybe or someday or just a cool idea that it can work.
it was a good try, but my vtx takes exception at being compared to a Kia :twisted:
i kinda see where you're going with that analogy, but it's not even close. honda's are known for their performance as well as their reliability. you could compare, say, a hyosung to a kia and get away with it but don't start saying that honda (or yamaha, kawasaki, or suzuki for that matter) doesn't make a bike that stands up to a harley in performance and quality for the same price.
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!