Honda Rune

CNF2002
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male

Honda Rune

#1 Unread post by CNF2002 »

Was taking a look at this bike and it seems pretty high-tech. Anyone here own this bike?

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roadtests/runetest/
2002 Buell Blast 500 /¦\
[url=http://www.putfile.com][img]http://x10.putfile.com/3/8221543225.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=11790]Confessions of a Commuter[/url]

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Re: Honda Rune

#2 Unread post by Gummiente »

CNF2002 wrote:Anyone here own this bike?
Nope, but my local Honda dealer has one that's still sitting unwanted and unloved on the showroom floor... been there for almost three years now.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

teknoman
Regular
Regular

#3 Unread post by teknoman »

Likewise,a dealer here has hadone on the floor for 3yrs also,I mean a 26k honda?Fuggidaboutit! :P
RJM.

scan
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

#4 Unread post by scan »

Yep - same at my local dealer. The bike sits there and collects dust. I know the ticked me off replacing the Valkerie with that bike.
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.

RTR
Legendary
Legendary

#5 Unread post by RTR »

scanevalexec wrote:Yep - same at my local dealer. The bike sits there and collects dust. I know the ticked me off replacing the Valkerie with that bike.
Last year while on a Ice Cream run. As we were sitting in the parking lot, enjoying our ice cream. The people who also stopped for some cones, would walk past the line of bikes. 8 or 9 Goldwings, 1 Valkrye Interstate. Usually the people would walk past admiring each bike. This one guy, went straight to the Interstate and stopped. Then yells over to us, asking who rides the Interstate? Anyhow, turns out the guy, was the Provincial Rep for Honda Canada. He was saying that there are plans to reintroduce the Valkrye Interstate back to the market place.

Which would be nice. Hopefully, he was not feeding us a line.

Cheers!
www.redfridays.ca

scan

#6 Unread post by scan »

Yep, that Interstate Valkerie is the shiznitz!! No knock intended to the lovers of the regular Valkerie, but in touring form that big engine seems more appropriate. A local dude let me sit on his non-Interstate version and putting my feet on the highway pegs was a true act of contortion. Still though, in any form, silky smooth engine - Hey, like on the Goldwing. 8)
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.

cbm
Veteran
Veteran

#7 Unread post by cbm »

scanevalexec wrote:Yep - same at my local dealer. The bike sits there and collects dust. I know the ticked me off replacing the Valkerie with that bike.
Same with our local dealership. I wonder if ANY of them got sold!!

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#8 Unread post by High_Side »

There is one that I know of running around my neighborhood.
I don't think it deserves the bad rap that everyone gives it. The Valk fans hate it because the original Valk died around the same time that it appeared. The "cost is everything" crowd hate it 'cause it's not built to a price. The "sumtins deffrent, Idonlikeit" crowd hate it cause it isn't like every other cruiser out there.
I really don't believe that anyone from Honda ever viewed it as a replacement for the original Valk. That bike died because of poor sales, no other reason. Honda views the Rune as one of their periodic showpieces that they built just to prove that they could! (like the NR 750). It's cool that "bland" Honda had the 'nads to build something that nobody else could. Not everyone likes it. Not many people could afford it. But it would be fun to have to rip around on if money was no object. I'm not much for cruisers but I have to admit it looks like it would be fun....

scan

#9 Unread post by scan »

You're just being diplomatic. :twisted:

drade
Rookie
Rookie

#10 Unread post by drade »

it looksextremely impressive and the built quality looks excellent but way too expensive. i think most people in this area of the market (high end cruiser) prefer simpler bikes that don't cost as much. Then they modify them and the cost may be more than the rune but its tailored to their needs and likes.

another great drawback is that japanese bikes loose value so fast that the really expensive models do not do really well