REAR brake lock???

BigChickenStrips
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male

REAR brake lock???

#1 Unread post by BigChickenStrips »

there is a company, i believe "Roadlok" that makes a rear brake lock the mounts to the frame so you dont remove it, you just unlock it. does anyone have experiance with this? thanks
[b]Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency! [/b]

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#2 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Googled the name and found their website Here. It looks like they don't have any available yet. The earliest release dates are set for mid June for the Arachnid and July for the Talon. The locks are custom made to fit with your bikes existing rear brake hardware. The RoadLoK Arachnid is for Sportbikes and the RoadLoK Talon is for cruisers. When you click on more info, you get these statements....
The Physics Behind the Design
Designed to physically immobilize your motorcycle, the RoadLoK MID provides you with ultra-high security for your most precious of possessions: your bike. Your RoadLoK MID is installed in-place of your factory rear brake caliper bracket. Mounting the RoadLoK MID to your bike in this manner creates a whole new level of physical immobilization.

Your motorcycle's braking system has been designed and developed by the original manufacturer to withstand high loads caused by heavy braking during operation. The rear caliper bracket acts as the sole mounting-point for your rear brake caliper. The RoadLoK MID replaces your factory bracket, retaining all factory mounting points for your factory caliper, and serves as a motorcycle lock.

Why does mounting a lock to your bike's frame make the RoadLoK MID a better product than the devices already available? The difference is tremendous:

Because the RoadLoK MID is hard-mounted your bike will not move forward or backward when the locking pin (BrakeBolt) is installed. You cannot damage your bike, or hurt yourself, by forgetting to unlock your RoadLoK MID.

DAMAGING YOUR BIKE, OR INJURING YOURSELF,
WITH THE ROADLOK MID IS SIMPLY NOT POSSIBLE
Sounds like a good system but, it also sounds like it may be pricey. Have to wait and see I guess.

BigChickenStrips
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#3 Unread post by BigChickenStrips »

i ask because i work for a magazine distribution company and so i get LOTS of free magazines. i saw an add, i think it was in 2-wheel tuner mag. it said like $250 which is expensive for a brake lock but if its really so much better, could be worht it? we'll see. i will check out that site.

thank you.
[b]Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency! [/b]

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#4 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

:shock: $250. WOW. But, I guess since they make them specifically for each model of bike, it makes sense. I was guessing around $100'ish. I doubt I'll buy one if they're that much more.