Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

Riding Gear Question.

#1 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Does anyone have any experience with Himalaya Motor Bike Wear? I found a place selling it in their eBay Store and also the manufacturer website through a google search. Just wondering if anyone is familiar.

I was also wondering if the price on the Road Speed Pants seemed reasonable?

Last question; For over-the-pant gear, do you buy your normal size or a size larger?

Thanks for any help folks!

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

:( Apparently nobody has heard of them? Well, I guess I'll just have to buy them and give a review then. :lol:

I'll try and do some reviews of my other purchases over the next few months. I'll be buying a cortech jacket, tourmaster gloves, the roadspeed pants and, of course, the new ride. I've got a G-Max 18x full face helmet that I've worn on both my ATV and Snowmobiles but, no experience with it on a bike yet. Like it for the other activities.

MrGompers
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by MrGompers »

Can't help ya with Himalaya products. I do have a nice first gear mesh jacket tho and would recommend that.
Those riding pants you linked too look ok, but shipping cost of $29.5 is way outta line. Unless they are weighted down with gold or something.

Riding pants you wear over jeans or whatever would need to be larger than your usual size. Oh yeah if you do get riding pants you'll want some with ventilation at least for the summer months.

I_Drive_Planes
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by I_Drive_Planes »

I wanted to buy a pair, but the seller doesn't seem to want to get back to me on a shipping price to Canada, so I suppose he doesn't want my business!

Planes
"I was a professional soldier, not a professional boxer, I don't believe in a fair fight" - Gen. Colin Powell

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#5 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Yeah, the shipping is way high but, even with the shipping, the total price came to just under $80. As for the ventilation, except for maybe a month of riding, I don't suspect they'll be too hot for northwestern PA weather. We only get a handful of days above 80 each summer. Guess I'll find out since I bought a pair last night. They should be here early next week.