Shoei RF-1000 helmet

sleepychicken
Rookie
Rookie

Shoei RF-1000 helmet

#1 Unread post by sleepychicken »

Just wanted to give this helmet a huge recommendation. I've only been riding for about a month, so I don't have a lot of experience with helmets. But I've tried on a bunch of them and worn them around, even rode once with a friends HJC. The Shoei is awesome. I'm not even close to being in peak physical condition, nor do I do anything to strenghten my neck muscles, but I've never once had a tired or sore neck, and I've spent over 6 hours at a time on the bike.

It's also ventilated very well. With all the vents open, just about every square inch of your head will have cool air flowing over it.

I also like the removable liner and cheek pads for easy de-funking. The visor can be swapped in about 30 seconds with no tools. And there's a leather flap around the bottom of the helmet to keep some air from coming in under the helmet. There's also a button on the chin strap so you don't have to worry about the end flapping and hitting you in the neck or chin.

All in all, it had a ton of great features and fits my head very well. No pressure points or sore spots to report. It's pricey though. They run from around $340-$480 I believe depending on the paint job and the graphics. The come in plain colors, metallic, race replica, and with some crazy graphics, so you shouldn't have any problem finding one pleasing to the eye.

But if nothing else, I wanted my helmet to be high quality and comfortable, so I didn't mind paying for it in the least.

keysman
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by keysman »

Thank you for posting this review.
New Hotness: 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
Old & Busted: 2003 BMW F650CS

Tarzan
Veteran
Veteran

#3 Unread post by Tarzan »

I have the same helmet and agree 100% with your review. It really is an excellent well fitting helmet that is comfortable enough for wearing all day.
1998 Suzuki GSX750F - all fixed but seriously multi-coloured...

PackRider
Regular
Regular

#4 Unread post by PackRider »

I have one, too, and like it.
Doug Boyd
Greenville, NC, USA
[url=http://personal.ecu.edu/boydd/motorcycle/motorcycle.html]My Suzuki SV650S[/url]

sparrow
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by sparrow »

Definitely a nice helmet. I've been wearing one for some time now with
absolutely no complaints. In addition to the things mentioned above, I also
like the fact that the visor positions are fairly rigid, such as wind won't slam
the visor closed if you prefer riding with it partially open. Probably the best
visor attachment/detachment mechanism I've ever come across. I think
kneedraggers.com has pretty good pricing on them.

ya_zuma
Rookie
Rookie

#6 Unread post by ya_zuma »

Also have this helmet---I have to agree, it is one awesome helmet.

As a side note---I am not 100% sure which way the front mouth vent is open. Is it when the slide is in the up or down position?
2004 Yamaha V Star Custom
2005 Yamaha Zuma

motobuff
Rookie
Rookie

#7 Unread post by motobuff »

Shoei RF-1000 metallic helmet – this helmet combines safety, fit and style. It ensures comfort because of the lightweight material its shell is made of. It has a superior ventilation and anti-fog system, removable interior cheek pads and sturdy, removable chinstraps.