Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: 2008 Honda Goldwing

Good Sissy Bar bag?

#1 Unread post by Philo »

Hi Ev1,

I am looking for a good sissy bar bag for when I start taking some longer trips this spring. So far, the one's I like best are, the Tour Master Nylon, Kuryakn Gran-Tour, Kuryakn Full Dresser, and one by Nelson-Rigg that I can't remember the name of. What do you use? Like it? Has it held up well? Any advice or opinions are welcome. Thanks.

Rydr
Elite
Elite

#2 Unread post by Rydr »

I use a dry bag that I bought from Mountain Equipment Co-op up here in Canada. Very durable and water resistant. Almost water proof unless you submerge it. You can get the same type of bag from Aerostich. They have some nice stuff for touring and camping etc. . Here's a link...

http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/index.html

Hope this helps.

CORSCO
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#3 Unread post by CORSCO »

The T-Bag...love it on the V-Max!
CHECK YOUR TIRE PRESSURE REGULARLY!!!

jackM50black
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by jackM50black »

I got a large Tour-Master, black nylon T=bag, with zip-on duffel. Bought it a few months ago and have used it on motorcycle club runs. The runs are camping runs, so I have really relied on it to carry a lot of stuf. It's nice and rigid, holds its shape perfectly, and I have been able to cinch it down on the bike very snuggly. It uses quick-release connections to straps and it also doubles as a back pack, but I have never used it that way. I have another smaller back pack that is perfect for riding, but I don't really use it now with my new T-Bag. The Tour-Master is very good. I think it cost me $179 or $189 at a retail store.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#5 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I recently traded in my milk crate for a Tour Master Bag. It works great, but I haven't had it long enough to know how durable it will be.

I like that it is easy enough to take off the bike when you get to where you are going.

Philthy McNasty
Rookie
Rookie

#6 Unread post by Philthy McNasty »

Hi Philo, I got the Carroll Bag $180 + from Shadetree I feel it's excellent $ , quality, looks. I've found it the same $ elsewhere, but no cheaper. It has the main bag, w/4 zip pockets. 2 each side. It is expandable. Has the removeable roll bag, & rain cover. Oh, it's leather. Quick release buckles, plenty of straps, Had it over a year-good shape.
Sunshine & 80 degrees!

samich
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

Good all-around bag

#7 Unread post by samich »

T-Bag makes a nice little sissy bar bag for overnighters called the Baja - runs about $160. Nelson-Riggs also makes a great bag - the Tail Pack CL-200 - that extends for more room. It's set up for a sport bike rather than a sissy bar, but has a protective underside so it will work on a rack or fender. I have one on my Heritage for weekend trips and to tote my 35mm around in when I'm just doing day rides. I got the Nelson-Riggs online for around $80, which is a bargain for what you get. I've written reviews for both of them if you want more detail: http://www.ridefl.com/7.html
2003 Heritage Classic Softail
Lake County FL HOG Chapter

"All my life my heart has sought a thing I cannot name."

- Hunter S. Thompson's version of a line from a poem by Don Marquis