flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

Need of rain gear for riding to from work

#1 Unread post by flw »

I would like to ride to work for much of the year but not when its 32 degrees F or 0 degrees C or windy due to wind chill factor.

I work at a Bank doing IT work so the dress code is docker type pants and pull over polo type shirt. There's no locker room, just a handicap stall for changing.

I need the following and your suggestions by brand/model:

1. I'd like to get a pull over type one piece rain suit (with reflective strips on both sides) with a removable liner (for cold days) and high collar that stays up. If liner is a issue, I can live without it. A Velcro strap at the ankles, neck and wrists as well.

2. I also need protective Gauntlet gloves that will be good for 32 degrees and up. The kind that use a Velcro strap to seal off the wrist area.

3. They use to call them dickeys but maybe another name now for covering your neck. If there is another solution for the neck that's fine.

The thought is something that with no locker room, I can change out of or into, in front of coworkers and keep me dry and warm. Ideally it would cost around $100 USD not including shipping for the suit and <50 for gloves. I don't want junk that needs to be sewn back together or tears easily after 90 days either.
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#2 Unread post by storysunfolding »

I don't know about a one piece but I know a lot of people that enjoy wearing frog toggs for riding. Frog toggs has even released a motorcycle suit.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Julzy
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

all year riding

#3 Unread post by Julzy »

I can personally recommend Rain-Off Overgloves. They work a treat for commuting, as you are never left with wet gloves. They are designed to fit over your normal riding gloves and come with a small pouch to roll them up in when you don't need them. You can ride for days and still be dry. I work in the City and ride to work each day and they work just great. Always have dry gloves to pull on for the trip home. Check out their website: www.rain-off.com and see for yourself.
Good on ya for riding all year!