Sport Tour Bike Accessories - RESOLVED!

Chopperchik
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Sport Tour Bike Accessories - RESOLVED!

#1 Unread post by Chopperchik »

:mad: I hate using forums this way, but it's my only recourse.

My husband has a Cortech Tri-bag tank bag set up. I wanted to use his little tank bag on my bike as he rarely used both at once. I did my research, got some price quotes and found that Sport Tour LTD out of Sharonville, OH had the best deal. I called them and they were super nice on the phone, they had the items in stock, took my order for a magnetic base kit and clear-vu map pocket and assured me I would have my products ASAP. :cheers:

That was July 09, 2007.

August 02, 2007, I emailed the customer service department for an update on my order. Up until then, I had not received any information regarding the status of my order. Not an email, phone call or nothing.

August 06, 2007, I call and leave a message for Andy (customer service rep with his head up his "O Ring") and want a status of my order.

August 06, 2007, I received an blunt email from Andy at Sport Tour stating that my order had been shipped out 2 weeks prior. :bs:

August 07, 2007 I requested more information. Copy of my email: "I have not received the package yet. There must be some type of tracking information. Even if it's internal from within your company. I need as much information as you can give me. Address you shipped to, cost of shipping, a copy of the invoice &/or shipping statement, exact date it was shipped, address shipped from. Anything & everything. I can't accept that I have had limited contact with Sport Tour and when I want to cancel, all of a sudden you guys have shipped the items. I was really excited to get this product from you, when I contacted Sport Tour (7/9/07), it seemed like the items where in stock and I would be getting them soon. I am just disappointed. I hope you & Sport Tour will help me as much as possible. Please let me know ASAP. Call me if you need to. Provide all my contact information.

August 08, 2007 I received this reply: "It went out via postal service, it would be like trying to track a letter, there is no number issued therefore no tracking number, just a postage stamp. I think I might have found the problem though, looks like the PO Box that I have is incorrect. This is what I have written down on the order: ((Not my address, P.O Box that doesn't exist and to a state I do not live in) Yet he offers this dumb-"O Ring" advice)

Check with your local postal office, its probably just sitting there since they didn't have the correct number. :huh:

Andy
Sport Tour"

August 09, 2007 I responded: "Andy, I called the Post Office today. Being that our Post Office does not have a PO Box xxxx, if they would have received a package for that PO Box, they would have immediately returned it to sender. The United States Postal Service does not hold mail (packages, letters or anything else) to addresses that do not exist, regardless of the addressee. Letters don't just sit there waiting for someone to check on them. In speaking with the person delivering mail, she does not have any recollection of having a package showing up, that did not belong, and had to be returned to sender. Being that this would be an unusual occurrence, they would have remembered. Regardless, I will not be receiving the package you sent. You should check your delivery department, they should be receiving the package soon if they sent it when you said they did. I really don't know how you got my address wrong. The address city, state and zip code don't even match. I am in Colorado not California. I am sure you can tell that I am just a little frustrated with this whole process. I am requesting that you resend the items immediately. Let me know when they ship. Call me if you have ANY questions.
Thank you,
Chopperchik
P.O. Box that
City, Colorado xxxxx"

August 15, 2007 I contacted Sport Tour Customer Service for an update. Because they hadn't contacted me, even though I repeatedly ask them to do so.

August 15, 2007 I received this reply: "Nothing has come back to us via postal service since the last time we talked. Looks as though it might have gotten lost. I apologize for the delay, but I'm not sure on what to do next. I will call the Post Office today and see what we can do about our package and maybe try and file a claim on lost goods. :wtf:

Andy
Sport Tour"

August 15, 2007 I responded: :cussing; "Andy, Regardless of the status of that shipment, you should send me a map pocket and magnetic base ASAP. I should not have to wait for your mistake. As a customer service representative, I'm sure you can understand that I am getting very frustrated with this situation. This is obviously your company's fault with sending it to the wrong address. I expect you to make it right, since I've already paid for these items. The claim situation is your problem not mine. I should not have to wait for you to get reimbursed for your own mistake. I can't help but wonder if this is the way you have handled other situations like this, or am I the first? I should expect to receive the items I paid for in a timely manner. I truly hope you can file a claim with the post office and you are reimbursed, but I should not have to wait for you to go through that process. If they are lost and you can not get reimbursed, that is your loss, not mine. You shipped it to the wrong address! PLEASE send me the items I ordered ASAP. Let me know when, where & how they ship. We are going on two months now. :bash:

Thank you,
Chopperchik
P.O. Box that
City, CO xxxxx
Phone number"

August 20, 2007 I called Andy at Sport Tour and was informed that the items had been re-ordered and would be shipped on August 22, 2007.

I have not received ANY contact from Sport Tour since then. To this day, no products, no phone calls and no inclination that they want to fix this.

I still have not received the items or a status of the items or even if they are considering a refund. I know my order is less than $100, but I work hard for my $100, I did my research, I found what I thought was a reputable company, placed my order and paid for it. They have my money!

I would not be taking this action if I was treated fairly and if this company had been taking ANY action to remedy the situation, but I have always had to initiate the process and as you can tell from their reply, they do not take me seriously.

I have been treated as if this is my problem not theirs. I have filed a complaint with the Southern Ohio Better Business Bureau.

I just had to warn you all, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING, EVER, FROM SPORT TOUR LTD!

SPORT TOUR LTD SUCKS "O Ring"! :finger: :evil:

falcon93
Regular
Regular

#2 Unread post by falcon93 »

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with this company. My advice is that you contact your bank/credit card company (I'm assuming you paid via plastic) and have them reverse the charges based on you not receiving the items. Use all of your correspondence with the company as the evidence. Hope this helps.
2007 Yamaha Virago 250

John
http://www.antelopevalleyoil.com

Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high,
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky,
And live like you ain't afraid to die, Don't be scared just enjoy your ride.

F'irefly
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by F'irefly »

I have just emailed: It was my intention to place an order on line from SportTour.com for a set of tires for my cruiser; however, I just happened to read the following viewtopic.php?t=24816
I will wait until I read from Chopperchik that her quandary has been resolved before I make any such attempt.
Respectfully.

D.K.

Please let us know how they follow up.

Chopperchik
Rookie
Rookie

Will do...keep you updated

#4 Unread post by Chopperchik »

Will do.

If they do ANYTHING, it won't be until Monday.

I did receive a reply stating I should send Sport Tour links to all the forums I posted and I may do that Monday evening if I don't get anything.

Thanks for reading.
CC

Nalian
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#5 Unread post by Nalian »

Good to know - I've been researching Givi hardbags and they were on the list of sites I was considering.

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

RESOLVED

#6 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Update (posted on SportTouring.net - 11/08/07)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

Well, I got my money back. I really wanted to products, but am glad so glad to have my $.

I will never shop there again.

Thanks for you input.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND The other side of the story. Seems someone on ST.net lives nearby and knows the owners of Sporttour.

For anyone that is interested in the details here they are:

Ms. Smith ordered a tank bag mounting base and replacement map pocket for a Cortech/TM tank bag on 7/20/07 which we mailed to her PO Box. As it turns out the package was sent to a PO Box 3047 when in fact the correct number was 347. Not sure where the mistake happened but we had PO Box 3047 on the original order and the person that took the order says he always reads the address back on phone orders. Anyway the package never made it to Ms. Smith. We tried contacting the PO to correct the problem but had no luck. After giving the package time to get returned undeliverable we tried to reorder the parts from the distributer and found that we had gotten the last parts and they were on now on backorder. We offered to return Ms. Smiths money but she said she just wanted her product not her money back. We agreed to give it a little more time. Bottom line is that we had no way to provide the product to Ms. Smith, they weren't available. When Ms. Smith requested her money back we returned it immediately. We wrote a refund check on 9/12/07 which was promptly cashed by the customer.

As is turns out we got the product returned from the PO last week (10/1/07) and it shows that it had been sitting in the PO the whole time and that all Ms. Smith had to do was go the the front counter and ask if she had a package in the bad PO Box number area. We had contacted the Post Office when the problem was originally discovered and the person at the Post Office said for us to ask Ms. Smith to ask at the front counter about her package. When we suggested this to Ms. Smith she said she shouldn't have to do this. I agree she shouldn't have to but it would have solved the problem months earlier. The bottom line is everyone at Sport Tour prides themself on customer service but when the product is not available from the manufacturer are hands are tied. We did everything in our power to deliver the product and when a refund was requested from Ms. Smith we returned her money. I regret that Ms. Smith had a frustrating experience, it was very frustrating to us as well.

Thanks,
Glen
www.Sporttour.com

Follow up to the above post:

I noticed that Ms. Smith said that the city, state and zip didn't match. This is not true. The only problem was the PO number was 3047 not 347. Also it is interesting that the person she spoke with at the post office said that items with the wrong number are immediately returned when we didn't receive it back until last week (11/1) which is over two months after the package was originally sent. This is one of the reasons we don't usually send to PO boxes and us UPS or Fed Ex for all our orders. We made an exception and carried the package to the PO for Ms. Smith and it back fired on us.

Thanks,
Glen
www.sporttour.com

-----------------------------------------------------

The moral of this story: Don't believe everything you read on the internet. When something's "wrong" you only ever see one side of the story.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

Chopperchik
Rookie
Rookie

Sport Tour - Bad Service - Reply

#7 Unread post by Chopperchik »

Fellow riders,

Should I have never started this process? Vera has the details, really?

I guess I was just supposed to chalk it up to experience, right? How many times have you been taken advantage of and been expected to just grin and bear it? I just got tired of being the one that didn’t get anything for my efforts.

Vera, I'm glad you are loyal to your friends, but this really happended to me. I cut & pasted directly from my emails. Andy did not correspond with me and he left me guessing and I honestly believe if I would not have started this thread I would not have seen my money refunded. They never indicated that sending to a P.O. Box was a problem. They took my order promptly. They never told me the reordered the parts, they never told me anything was on backorder. They never offered me a refund, I had to request it.

I'm impossible? I was more than patient. I waited almost a month before I contacted them, AFTER they notified me of a problem.

I must set the record straight. I have that right.

Sport Tour did not offer to refund my money until I requested it and only after I started this post process. This was the only recourse I had, otherwise, I probably still wouldn’t have my money back.

I DID go to the Post Office, and it wasn’t there. Andy told me it went to California, not Colorado. I purposely sent Andy an email with a link to this forum and my original post. I made them aware of this post, not Vera. Andy sent me an email stating the check was in the mail September 19th not the 12 as Glen stated in his post reply. I did not post this to “bad-mouth” business, just to let fellow riders know my problems and to be informed.

It is just now, or maybe because they are getting questions over this process, that they must feel obligated to say something, no matter how fake it is.

Their customer service was failing, they never let me know where in the process we were, I did not know, until this reply that the parts were on back-order from the OEM.

I am not telling un-truths. I am not intimidated by threats of liable suits (read the bottom of his post), because everything I said is true and I have saved every correspondence to back it up. Either way, I won't buy anything from them again.

I understand that everyone has a right to refute allegations against them, but nothing I said was untrue, even my opinions and added comments. That’s the way I felt. They have a number of un-truths in this post, but what difference will it make, whatever.

I wonder what recourse I have for them publishing my personal information on a public site without my permission. I actually request that it not be used. Well, then again, my request were never considered before. Thanks Glen. Thanks Vera.

FROM MY EMAIL: PLEASE NOTICE THE DATES AND TIME BETWEEN CORRESPONDENCE

July 9th – I emailed to inquire on parts (request quote & availability)
July 12th – Glen replied with quote & availability & contact info to place
order
July 13th – I called & placed order
July 16th – I emailed to request order confirmation
Aug 2nd – My 2nd email to request order confirmation. I also requested
my order be cancelled if they had not been sent yet.
Aug 6th – Andy replied that parts had been shipped.
Aug 7th – I requested more information to find my package
Aug 8th – Andy replied with incorrect P.O box # and state
Aug 9th – I replied stating I called & went to the Post Office.
Aug 15th – I email requesting an update
Aug 15th – Andy replies he will file a claim and does not know what to do
since the package is lost.
Aug 15th – I emailed to state I should not have to wait for his claim.
Sept 8th – I notify Sport Tour of my refund request.
Sept 10th – Andy replied to state he had to reorder parts and base was
on back order. (NOW THEY TELL ME) and to verify my address
to send my refund check (EVEN THOUGH I HAD INCLUDED IT
IN EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY EMAILS).
Sept 11th – I replied to confirm my correct address.
Sept 18th – I sent Andy an email with links to the forums I had posted to
and an explanation as to why I chose to post.
Sept 19th – Andy replied that a check is in the mail.
Sept 24th – Check arrives.
Sept 26th – Check cashed.

July 13th to Sept 26th – 10 ½ weeks.

What would you have done?

Fellow riders, thank you for reading this, for supporting me and for your discussion. The internet is a powerful tool and I believe in using your resources.

CC