EXL brand motorcycle luggage from MotoDirect.com

bandit600
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 10

EXL brand motorcycle luggage from MotoDirect.com

#1 Unread post by bandit600 »

It sounds like from my research that MotoDirect.com can be hit or miss as far as customer service in resolving any issues. Besides Ebay they seem to be the sole supplier of EXL brand motorcycle luggage. I'm thinking of getting the EXL Motorcycle Saddle Bags - MSB66 Soft Side Saddle Bag for my SV1000S

Does anyone have them or know anyone that's actually seen them up close? Are they any good. I hate to be cheap but I'm on budget and I'm due for tires as well.

http://motodirect.com/product/9_26-Soft ... e-Bag.html

I'm hoping they will fit my bike and carry enough stuff for a weekend trip (2 nights).

Thoughts? Opinions about the bags or MotoDirect.com?

Thanks in advance for any help.
2003 Suzuki SV1000S
1999 600cc Suzuki Bandit - SOLD

jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

Re: EXL brand motorcycle luggage from MotoDirect.com

#2 Unread post by jaskc78 »

as far as carrying enough stuff for a weekend trip, it all depends on what all you need for a weekend. i've dated women that need to take their entire closet and i've packed as lightly as a toothbrush and two changes of undergarments. the linked item says it's got a max of 33 liters capacity per bag, so that should be plenty unless you plan on packing very heavy for a weekend trip.

unfortunately, though, that's as far as my experience will carry me. i've never ordered from moto direct or heard of exl bags before, but i've seen people use those type of bags and they seem to work just fine. if you do end up ordering, let us know how it works out as far as using moto direct or any other online supplier and how the bags are--quality of craftsmanship, capacity, functionality, etc.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

bandit600
Elite
Elite

#3 Unread post by bandit600 »

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely post a review of whatever I end up getting. I'm leaning towards a combo dowco tailbag and nelson-rigg saddle bags from motorcycle-superstore...
2003 Suzuki SV1000S

jaskc78

#4 Unread post by jaskc78 »

nice, you might also take a look at bikebandit.com--i was looking at bags for another motorcycle and they carry a pretty robust selection soft bags, both leather and textile. i was really liking the looks of some of the Willie & Max bags (i'm more of a cruiser guy), but they had quite a few to choose from and could even narrow down your search by which bike you're shopping for. either way, once you get some bags on it that SV1000 will give you a lot of hassle-free miles to roam until you get tired of seeing new places.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB

bandit600
Elite
Elite

#5 Unread post by bandit600 »

Thanks, I already received my luggage, 3 days from the day I ordered :) I'll post a review as soon as I use them. I usually use bikebandit to find replacement parts, I didn't know they sold accessories as well. Will have to keep them in mind in the future...
2003 Suzuki SV1000S

jaskc78

#6 Unread post by jaskc78 »

dang, 3 days from order to install? very nice!