DarienLight Experiences

Tirinal
Rookie
Rookie

DarienLight Experiences

#1 Unread post by Tirinal »

I've recently come across an opportunity to pick up a DarienLight in my size for a very nice price and I was wondering if any of you guys have ridden around in it or could testify as to its viability. For the unaware, link is: http://www.aerostich.com/product.php?pr ... 250&page=1

It's extremely light and can pretty much be used as an everyday jacket so the convenience factor is nice, but I'm rather leery of how it would stand up against a skid across the pavement. Any thoughts?

mswarrior
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by mswarrior »

A little pricy for me. I have a teknic jacket with full armor and a removable liner and vents, so the light thing doesn't matter. I don't think i'd risk the ruduced abbrasion resistance of this jacket your looking at. I'm sure mine, even with armor and a thick skin would wear through during a good skid. Have you looked at all the brands available? What color are you after? Do you want armor? I bought mine for $143 Cnd on ebay with the retail tag on it that showed the full $475 price.
Many say live to ride, I say ride is to live.

Gadjet
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 19
My Motorcycle: 2020 KTM 200 Duke

#3 Unread post by Gadjet »

While I don't have a Darien myself, my uncle does and he loves it. For all around wearability and comfort in all kinds of weather, the Darien is a great buy.
1983 Suzuki GS650GL (sold)
2005 Kawasaki KLR 650 (sold)
2020 KTM 200 Duke
IBA#20953
IG: @greenmanwc