HJC AC-3 helmet

Mag7C
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male

HJC AC-3 helmet

#1 Unread post by Mag7C »

Was wondering if anyone wears this helmet and if it is comfortable for distance riding, as well as what kind of head shape it works best with.

ronboskz650sr
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#2 Unread post by ronboskz650sr »

Although I can't say about fit, I can vouch for HJC quality and comfort, if the fit is right. My son wears the ac-11, and I wear the bargain-basement cs-10. We are both very pleased with the comfort, and we ride howerver long it takes to get wherever we want to go. Truthfully, stretches of 2-2/12 hours are about how long we ever go without stopping for gas or a drink of mountain dew.
Ride safe...God bless!
-Ron
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/ronboskz650sr/avatartotal.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/ronboskz650sr/wholebikeavatar2.jpg[/img]

Mag7C
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#3 Unread post by Mag7C »

Excellent, thanks. 2.5 hrs on the highway will leave me with an empty tank. :D

Did you have someone at a store fit your helmet for you? I guess I don't really know how to tell what lid fits what head shape.

ronboskz650sr
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#4 Unread post by ronboskz650sr »

We got ours at a dealership, mine at the local HD, his at the local Kaw place. There was plenty of help. I think some helmets have fit guidelines printed inside the helmet, or on a small folder attached to it. I can tell you it's a good idea to wear it around in the shop for at least 1/2 hour to see if hotspots develop. It should be snug, not tight. You don't want it to roll forward or backward when it's strapped, either. I take that one pretty seriously and really yank it hard to see if it will roll off. Chris got ticked at me when I did this to him, but he has a good fitting helmet now! Loose is bad. Happy shopping!
Ride safe...God bless!
-Ron
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/ronboskz650sr/avatartotal.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/ronboskz650sr/wholebikeavatar2.jpg[/img]

rapidblue
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#5 Unread post by rapidblue »

I have a CL-14 black and it fits wonderful, no complaitn for the log haul, when I first got it i wore it in my room for 4 hrs to make sure it fit

I have a monstro head and I found they had the best fit for my noggin
80 honda CB750F Super Sport

keysman
Site Supporter - Platinum

#6 Unread post by keysman »

The only way to find out if a helmet is going to work for you is to try it on. Don't buy a helmet without doing this first. Chances are you'll end up with a helment that does not fit your head properly. That will get you a headache if it's too small and inadequate protection if it's too big. Everyone's head is a little different and all the helment are different too. I am wearing a Nolan XLite now and it's a little too small for me and on longer rides it can be an issue. I tried on a ton of helment before I got the Nolan and it's still not perfect. I should have just got another Arai because the Quantum I had before fit perfect. I was trying to find a better deal.

If the helmet fits, wear it.

If the helment does not fit, you must... oh nevermind.
New Hotness: 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
Old & Busted: 2003 BMW F650CS

blair
Legendary
Legendary

Re: HJC AC-3 helmet

#7 Unread post by blair »

Mag7C wrote:Was wondering if anyone wears this helmet and if it is comfortable for distance riding, as well as what kind of head shape it works best with.
I have one. I have a narrow head with a high forehead (I'm naturally aerodynamic), and it was the best fit in the shop (Helmet Harbor in Mesa, AZ).

It's perfectly comfortable on me. Never had any problem with it, even wearing it for 1.5 hours at a stretch in 110-degree weather.

The visors take up a lot of pannier space, though, if you're riding day and night and need to switch from dark to light.
'93 Honda VT600CD Shadow VLX Deluxe

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#8 Unread post by Mintbread »

keysman wrote:I should have just got another Arai because the Quantum I had before fit perfect.
My first helmet was an Arai as the shape fit me perfectly. When it finally wore out I was not keen to spend that much on a helmet again so I had another look around. To my surprise Suomy helmets have a similar if not identical fit to the Arai. Being several hundred bucks cheaper, it was a no brainer.

keysman

#9 Unread post by keysman »

Mintbread wrote:
keysman wrote:I should have just got another Arai because the Quantum I had before fit perfect.
My first helmet was an Arai as the shape fit me perfectly. When it finally wore out I was not keen to spend that much on a helmet again so I had another look around. To my surprise Suomy helmets have a similar if not identical fit to the Arai. Being several hundred bucks cheaper, it was a no brainer.
I meant to say Astral. I also wear and XL helmet. I have tried the Suomy and none of those fit my head shape and they all seemed to be too small. I just completed 1100+ miles in four days and my X-Lite while not perfect did stay pretty comfortable. Maybe it's just taking a long time to break in.
New Hotness: 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
Old & Busted: 2003 BMW F650CS

Mr_X
Veteran
Veteran

#10 Unread post by Mr_X »

I have a cl-14 also.. great comfert and quality for the $$$.. saved my head once or twice!! :) (Yes I know I should get it replaced)
92 Katana 1100
"Learn to responde not to react" - buddah