Nolan N100E helmet = good purchase

Mag7C
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male

Nolan N100E helmet = good purchase

#1 Unread post by Mag7C »

I finally bought a new helmet. My previous Gmax was giving me forhead pain due to my funky oval-shaped head.

So far I have had no problems with it. It is sooooo comfortable, and with the face shield sealed and vents open, it feels like riding without a face shield. The air circulation is great.

Noise is minimal. I can still hear the air rush but it isn't so loud my ears hurt after riding for an extended time.

I can also ride with the face flipped up, which is very nice in slow traffic around town. My old helmet was a flip up but wasn't spring loaded so riding with the face up was kind of a gamble. The nolan is spring loaded in the up position, it won't accidentally close.

And did I mention it is sooooo extremely comfortable? I could sleep in this thing!

It comes with an optional removable chin cover thingy and fog resistant shield liner for cold weather.

I highly recommend this helmet for anyone with a 'tall' head like mine. It cost me $230 at the local shop which is a bit expensive, but well worth it if you go on long rides often. I was going to get white for safety, but for some reason the black one felt like a better fit so I bought it instead. I'll get some retroreflective stickers to put on it soon.

Here is the company website:
http://www.nolan.it/home.asp

Oh, and unfortunately the helmet doesn't actually make you look like the model wearing it... or fortunately I guess for us guys.

Mac
Veteran
Veteran

#2 Unread post by Mac »

Yeah I have a Nolan street fighter as a back up to my Aria. The helmet is great, but if you leave the "spoiler" on you head bobs around alot at speeds greater the 70.
Mac

"Moderatio est figmentam!"

plainsman
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by plainsman »

Mag;

I got the Nolan N100E in "Scream-atcha" YELLOW!!! I love it. There ain't no way ANYONE can say, "I didn't see him" with this helmet on. And, believe it or not, I get more compliments on this helmet than I've ever gotten on ANY helmet in the past, including some pretty fancy paint jobs. :wink:

It also goes well with my "Bumble Bee" yellow FirstGear jackets and gloves. It's comfortable. It's both warm (in the cold) and cool (with vents for the warm) and it provides the protection for the lower third of your head/face.

Get one. You'll like it! 8)

jackM50black
Elite
Elite

I also have the Nolan helmet

#4 Unread post by jackM50black »

I liked it right away, it fit well and was the right shape for my head. Other's were not the right head shape. I read a couple of reviews that placed the Nolan at the top for its quality, features and overall value for the money. Its a mid-priced helmet with quality and features that typically belong on hihh priced helmets.