Cruiser Helmets

grymlocke
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#31 Unread post by grymlocke »

ZooTech wrote:
keysman wrote:Seatbelts have killed people too but I'm not going to stop wearing one. :roll:
I'm not suggesting that. But every time someone wrecks and sustains damage to their helmet they say, "See, that could've been your face!". My point is, no...it probably wouldn't have been. A helmet adds weight that your neck is not used to supporting, and during an impact it cannot hold it back from striking the road. I have flown off of 4-wheelers dozens of times in dozens of different situations and never sustained any head injuries whatsoever. I did end up with some cracked ribs, and a twisted ankle or two, and had the wind knocked out of me I don't know how many times. But I can't recall a single incident where my head got so much as dirty.
you can go down 99 times with out a problem, but that 100th that scrambles your grey matter (even if you don't die) can result in you becoming a burden on society when 'the state' has to hire someone and train them to wipe your arse and feed you for the rest of your life....100's of thousands that WE ALL HAVE TO PAY!! so you can have your 'right to choose'...well, I'm all for personal freedom as long as it tempered with wisdom, and a $45 DOT helmet is a small price to pay to make that 1 in a 100 chance into a 1 in a 1000.... now, if your willing to carry a 'do not resusitate' card endorsed with a donor sticker with your license (similar to a truckers medical card) than yes, ride without a helmet...then your choice can at least save the life's of a dozen people that would die otherwise..

by the way, I lost about 20% of my long term memory from an auto accident do to a close-head brain injury when the old coconut hit the back window of the pick up I was driving....it doesn't take much.

grymlocke
Elite
Elite

#32 Unread post by grymlocke »

oldnslo wrote:It must be brain damage from wearing a too heavy helmet. :)
Everybody knows that spraying your head liberally with super hold hairspray provides all the protection anybody needs.
helmet hair?...make it salt and pepper and you'd look like a politician... :laughing:

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#33 Unread post by jmillheiser »

I couldn't imagine riding without my gear, I would feel naked.

jfeaz
Elite
Elite

#34 Unread post by jfeaz »

i only wear a full-face on my cruiser, but i wish there was a good way to avoid smelling my own raunchy breath the whole time.

basshole
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#35 Unread post by basshole »

Try toothpaste! I hear it's the latest rage!!! :brush: Man I can't believe this thread is still going strong! I wear my Scorpion EXO 700 when it's cold or if I know I'm gonna ride the freeway. Other than that, I wear my HJC CL-21 Half Helmet.
jfeaz wrote:i only wear a full-face on my cruiser, but i wish there was a good way to avoid smelling my own raunchy breath the whole time.
Beer. Helping ugly people get laid since 1853
2006 Suzuki C50 Silver/Gray