Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

Icon TiMax Textile Jacket Review

#1 Unread post by Vit0r »

Ordered from NewEnough.com
Price: $179 plus shipping

Design
So you want to look like a superhero? Look no more, this is the jacket for you. I swear that once I put it on I couldn't help but feel like I was about to try out for a power rangers show. The design is wild. They even have padding in the abdominal section to create the illusion that your six pack is sticking out through your jacket. I ordered the white one and the blend of the black and the white was very pleasing to the eye.

Fit
Solely for the lean people. If you're carrying a spare tire, this is not the jacket for you. The jacket is made to fit tight, and it does. The waist is also cut a bit high. So when you sit down you better not be shy about showing your underwear because this jacket will ride up on you. Overall, if you like the metrosexual type fitting, then this is a good way to go. If you like your jackets relaxed or loose I'd suggest you pass this one up.

Protection
This is probably the jacket's weakest point. I haven't crashed in it and ain't planning on it anytime soon but I just can't help but feel that the asphalt would rip this jacket to shreds. Even though there is titanium THREAD, not plates, in the elbows/forearms and spine of the jacket, it feels very flimsy. If you've ever wondered what it would feel like to wear a rice sack on your body then look no further. The jacket cloth feels and smells exactly like the material that makes up a bag of rice that you get from the local supermarket.

Bottom Line
This is a great jacket even if you don't ride. Walk down the streets in one of these and you might start a new trend in your high school or college. I'm not too sure about the protection, but who knows, maybe that titanium thread works better than leather.

keysman
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#2 Unread post by keysman »

Thanks for the review. I love your cynicism.
New Hotness: 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
Old & Busted: 2003 BMW F650CS

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by Sev »

That's kind of odd, I've heard great things about this jacket. Did you get the regular or mesh one?
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]