raingear, rainsuits

bluerose5
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male

raingear, rainsuits

#1 Unread post by bluerose5 »

major (for me) roadtrip coming up & I'm interested in a rainsuit. I've looked on the internet but would welcome others' feedback. I wouldn't mind paying a bit for something that worked well. Frank
Frank

mustangski
Elite
Elite

#2 Unread post by mustangski »

I used my military issue Gore-tex suit when I rode down to bike week in ocean city this year. The suits are great they have pull strings to pull the jacket and pants tight so its not whipping around in the wind. You should be able to pick one of the old ones up on ebay. The new digital camo ones cost around $300 for the whole thing. Or you can get one for free by joining the military, I know the Marine Corps is always hiring. :laughing:
2001 Victory V92C
2002 Honda Shadow 600 (Finally gettin my wife ridin!)
2000 Harley Davidson Sportster (Sold)
1984 Honda Magna V45 (Sold)

Semper Fidelis

scan
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

#3 Unread post by scan »

I have a pair of Frog Togs. They are not perfect, but they fit over my gear and they are water proof. They tend to be baggy though, so wind whipping is a bit of an issue, but they have saved me in a few storms I didn't expect, and they are compact, and easy to stash. They come in a little bag that can easily be put in a tank bag, tail bag, or under a cargo net on your pillion seat.
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.

Wockman
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by Wockman »

I've never understood why black rain suits are so popular. Yeah it might match my bike. But most drivers can't see us on a perfect sunny day let alone in the rain or dark... I'm looking for a good bright yellow or orange. I might end up looking like a goon but at least I'll be seen.
'02 Honda 919

Feed the homeless to the hungry...