Magnetic tank bags

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#11 Unread post by fireguzzi »

Here ya go then. http://www.info-map.com/cycle/index.htm

It sounds pretty good to me. Ill let ya know how it is when i get one.
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

Wockman
Rookie
Rookie

#12 Unread post by Wockman »

J.R. Bob Dobbs wrote:I have a Cortech "super-mini" magnetic tank bag for my naked CB750, probably about 2-3 liter capacity. Top quality materials and construction IMO. I use it for a USGI canteen, cellphone, rag, chewing gum, etc. Clear map pocket on top. I use it anytime I expect to be gone over an hour.

I've cruised with it at 85mph, it also has a strap "just in case" but I haven't used it yet. I would use the strap if I was planning on any seriously fast riding, but I don't do triple digit speeds. Soft rubbery bottom, I am very careful to wipe all the dust off the tank before putting it on, and don't ever put the bag down on a dirty surface, no marks yet on my black tank.
I have the the Cortech Mini tankbag, I love it, it is very well made and is small enough to not get in the way, and large enough to carry a map. I've been over 150mph with it and it hasn't fallen off yet. I also use the little strap just in case...
'02 Honda 919

Feed the homeless to the hungry...

J.R. Bob Dobbs
Elite
Elite

#13 Unread post by J.R. Bob Dobbs »

Wow! I see on that map website, the very first photo is my favorite motorcycle road, rt180 "Wolf pen gap road", it's like a rollercoaster. She has good taste, I might just get the map.

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#14 Unread post by fireguzzi »

I just got mine in the mail today. Just so you know it is NOT a scale map. Other then that it seems pretty cool. Shows all the back roads and the dirt and gravel roads. On the back is a list of campgrounds and other possibly usful info. I cant say if its worth it or not becuase i havent gone on any of those roads yet. But they sure look curvy and fun.
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

J.R. Bob Dobbs
Elite
Elite

#15 Unread post by J.R. Bob Dobbs »

I just ordered the map. If it shows me just one more road like Wolf Pen Gap, it will be $6 very well spent. I'm lucky enough to live in the area and just started riding last year. Thanks for the link!

It should be a fine addition to my Cortech mini mag tank bag :)

J.R. Bob Dobbs
Elite
Elite

#16 Unread post by J.R. Bob Dobbs »

Got the map yesterday, that was fast, I expected a "home printer" version but it was professionally printed. Me likey! Would also be good for off-roaders as forest service roads are shown too.

Back on topic, my cortech bag is the ultra-mini, not the mini. Love it.