JTRogue
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2008 Kawasaki Versys

Ural introduces Patrol T and Red October sidecar motorcycles

#1 Unread post by JTRogue »

I found this on AutoBlog. This is my first posting of this kind so bear with me. Here is the link:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/22/ural ... torcycles/

We had more than our fair share of fun bombing around the streets of Seattle and the surrounding area on the brand new Ural T sidecar motorcycle. Though it's surely not for everybody, we found ourselves smitten with the machine's no-nonsense old-world charm and throwback style. The one thing that was missing, though, was Ural's two-wheel drive option.

We're happy to report that this omission has now been rectified with the new Ural Patrol T (pictured above). Not only is the model's $12,399 asking price a full six Benjamins under that of the standard Patrol, it's also painted up in our preferred Olive drab and has matte black trim in place of the normal chrome. That's a whole bucket full of win right there.

Also new from Ural is the 2009 Red October Limited Edition sidecar. With its single-wheel drive, 18-inch wheels and 3.89 final drive ratio, the Red October promises to be a good bit faster on the top end than the rest of Ural's line. Thanks to the lower seating position via a sidecar frame shared with the Retro model, it should be a highly passenger-friendly outfit. We also dig the contrast of its deep red bodywork against the flat black trim and powertrain. For more official shots of Ural's two new bikes, check out the high-res gallery below.
1982 Honda SilverWing GL500
2008 Hyosung Rally Prima 50 (dorky but fun)
2005 Suzuki Burgman AN650
2008 Kawasaki Versys KLE650A

Quo Vadimus