Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2013 Triumph Trophy and 2013 Triumph Trophy SE

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Triumph Trophy and 2013 Triumph Trophy SE

Here you go:

TRIUMPH ENTERS TOURING SEGMENT WITH THE NEW 1215cc TROPHY
• Powerful three-cylinder, 1215cc engine developing 132bhp and 89ft.lbs of torque at just 6,450rpm.
• Robust, virtually maintenance-free shaft drive.
• Supreme ride comfort coupled with Triumph’s dynamic handling expertise.
• The most technologically-advanced Triumph ever, featuring ride-by-wire throttle, traction control, electronic cruise control, electronic suspension, electrically adjustable screen, integrated audio system with Bluetooth functionality, linked ABS, and Tire Pressure Monitoring System.
• Triumph Dynamic Luggage System comes standard, providing practicality with dynamic stability.
• Extended service intervals along with two-year unlimited mileage warranty.
• Available at Triumph dealers in October 2012.

Triumph Motorcycles is entering the touring market with the launch of the all-new shaft-drive Trophy. The Trophy is the third all-new model to be launched by the Hinckley manufacturer over the past 18 months, confirming Triumph’s continued investment in design, technology and engineering. The all-new Trophy is packed with a host of technology features, most of which are standard equipment.

At the heart of the Trophy is the same powerful, three-cylinder engine developed for the award-winning Tiger Explorer. The shaft driven, 1215cc triple delivers an impressive 132bhp at 8,900 revs and 89ft.lbs of torque at 6,450rpm, providing smooth, effortless power whenever it’s needed. To ensure the optimum levels of refinement, the engine features a counter-rotating balancer shaft to smooth out crankshaft vibrations.
A torsional damping system is used to transfer power from the gearbox to the shaft drive through a sprung bevel gear. In addition to this, a metalastic shaft drive is used which allows a certain amount of compliance in the shaft assembly. These combined features help to provide a refined drivetrain and overall chassis performance which ensures power is delivered in a smooth and controllable manner.

An extensive testing and development program has honed the chassis to provide true touring comfort while still connecting the rider with the road. Ride-by-wire technology provides both traction control and cruise control functionality, as well as optimizing engine efficiency and fuel economy. Great effort has been made to optimize weather and wind protection with aerodynamically enhanced fairings. The electrically-adjustable screen can raise nearly 6.5” and comes with a memory function that automatically adjusts to your last pre-set position when you restart the bike. Rider and pillion passenger comfort is further enhanced with a range of seat options including heated front and rear seats. The rider seat height can additionally be adjusted between 30.3” and 31.1”.

Two models are available: the Trophy and the Trophy SE. Either model can be selected in Pacific Blue or Lunar Silver paint schemes. Both models feature headlight positional adjustment, center stand, rider seat height adjustment, lockable cockpit storage box with 12v power socket, a 6.6 gallon fuel tank and Triumph’s unique Dynamic Luggage System (TDLS), all as standard.

The Triumph Dynamic Luggage System helps maintain chassis balance by decoupling the mass from the chassis allowing each pannier to move up to a 5 degree arc therefore optimizing stability and refinement. With 31 liters of storage capacity per pannier, additional storage can be gained with the optional 55 liter, powered “Plug and Play” top box. The “Plug and Play” feature allows easy fitting and removal without the need to connect and disconnect cables or wires. It features a 12v socket on the inside to charge a camera, phone or any other electrical device while on the move.
The range-topping Trophy SE features a powerful integrated audio system, with Bluetooth technology, USB input and iPod/MP3 player compatibility. The SE also features adjustable electronic suspension from WP, which is operated via an ergonomically-designed switch cube. Riders select their preferred damping setting – Sport, Normal or Comfort – then combine it with the bike’s loading – Solo, Solo plus luggage or 2-up – and select and review their settings via a dot matrix LCD screen. The ease of use and functionality means that personalized settings can be easily adjusted at the press of a button. The SE also benefits from Triumph’s Tire Pressure Monitoring System, which adds a further layer of rider security while an integrated passenger 12V power supply allows additional accessories to be added.

The Trophy enjoys extended 10,000-mile service intervals, with major services only needed every 20,000 miles.

The new Trophy will get its first public unveiling at Triumph Tridays in Neukirchen, Austria on June 22-24, 2012, and will make a further appearance at the Triumph Live event at Mallory Park, Leicestershire, U.K., which takes place August 31 – September 2, 2012.
Full pricing will be confirmed in early September with the first bikes available in dealerships in October 2012.

About Triumph
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles in 2012 celebrates 110 years of motorcycle manufacture. For the past two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in in Hinckley, Leicestershire, U.K., and has produced iconic bikes which perfectly blend design, character, charisma and performance. Building around 50,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British motorcycle manufacturer and has over 750 dealers across the world.

At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment to developing truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance. The innovation and engineering passion that gave birth to the iconic Bonneville of the 60’s has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple and the Supersport Daytona 675. With an impressive 2012 product portfolio in place, including three brand new models, plus a strong future model development program, Triumph is set to continue to enhance its status in the marketplace. Triumph currently employs around sixteen hundred personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux and most recently Brazil as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand and a CKD facility in Brazil.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: 2013 Triumph Trophy and 2013 Triumph Trophy SE

#2 Unread post by ceemes »

Nice, but it sounds like they are competing with themselves, unless there is yet another redesign in store for the Sprint.
Always ask why.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#3 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

It's frustrating that Triumph makes fantastic bikes with such distinct engines, then hobbles them with BMW ripoff styling (odd, since BMW styling isn't great to begin with). They've ripped off the 1200 and 800 GSes (Triumph Explorer and 800XC), and now the BMW R1200RT with this bike. It isn't exactly "go your own way", is it?
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#4 Unread post by ceemes »

Grey Thumper wrote:It's frustrating that Triumph makes fantastic bikes with such distinct engines, then hobbles them with BMW ripoff styling (odd, since BMW styling isn't great to begin with). They've ripped off the 1200 and 800 GSes (Triumph Explorer and 800XC), and now the BMW R1200RT with this bike. It isn't exactly "go your own way", is it?
Actually I think its the other way around this time, the Triumph Trophy 1200 and earlier 900 ST's predate the BMWR1200RT by a wide margin if I am not mistake. The Trophy mark has been around since the 1960's and a fully faired big displacement ST model came about in the 1990's.

1991-+
Triumph Trophy

In 1995 the Trophy was redesigned as a true ST, complete with a bigger fairing and fitted panniers (hard cases). It should noted that my Kawasaki Concours predates even this model.

1996 Triumph Trophy

After the 2002/03 production run, the model was discontinued in favour of the Sprint ST. I almost bought one, but someone snapped it up under me by a matter of hours. Instead of the Trophy, I got the Concours.
2003 Triumph Trophy

For awhile, Triumph had two ST models, the gentlemanly Trophy and the hooliganish Sprint. The Trophy was phased out in favour of the Sprint ST, but now looks like its back. Which begs the question, why does Triumph feel the need to have two big ST/GT models? One can only hope that the Sprint will be pulled back from the GT (Grand Touring) mark and returned to its rightful place for us old hooligans who want a bit of fun and our comfort as well and Trophy take it proper place of gentleman's ride.
Always ask why.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#5 Unread post by jstark47 »

ceemes wrote:
Grey Thumper wrote:It's frustrating that Triumph makes fantastic bikes with such distinct engines, then hobbles them with BMW ripoff styling (odd, since BMW styling isn't great to begin with). They've ripped off the 1200 and 800 GSes (Triumph Explorer and 800XC), and now the BMW R1200RT with this bike. It isn't exactly "go your own way", is it?
Actually I think its the other way around this time, the Triumph Trophy 1200 and earlier 900 ST's predate the BMWR1200RT by a wide margin if I am not mistake. The Trophy mark has been around since the 1960's and a fully faired big displacement ST model came about in the 1990's.
The 1996+ Trophy was positioned against the BMW R1100RS, BMW R1100RT, Honda ST1100, and Kawi ZG1000 (Concours) in the market. One selling feature was it was faster (by a small margin) than those bikes. Chain drive helped keep the weight down.

ceemes wrote:For awhile, Triumph had two ST models, the gentlemanly Trophy and the hooliganish Sprint. The Trophy was phased out in favour of the Sprint ST, but now looks like its back. Which begs the question, why does Triumph feel the need to have two big ST/GT models? One can only hope that the Sprint will be pulled back from the GT (Grand Touring) mark and returned to its rightful place for us old hooligans who want a bit of fun and our comfort as well and Trophy take it proper place of gentleman's ride.
I don't think the either of the Sprints, or any of the 1050-powered bikes is going to be around much longer. The Sprint GT is a parts-bin exercise to squeeze a little more North American sales out of an old design. Triumph has 7 different engines in the 2012 line up (675, 800, 1050, 1200, and 2300 triples, 865 and 1600 twins). Surely this is excessively expensive for them, and the oldest, the 1050, is going to be dropped soon.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Triumph Trophy and 2013 Triumph Trophy SE - Updated and added photos and information:

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... riumph.htm

Enjoy!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#7 Unread post by dr_bar »

The side bags on those early model Trophy's look way better than that chopped looking new one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#8 Unread post by ceemes »

dr_bar wrote:The side bags on those early model Trophy's look way better than that chopped looking new one...
Agreed, however I believe the new cases have a greater carrying volume, which is nice.
Always ask why.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#9 Unread post by HYPERR »

Wow a utterly shameless copy of the BMW R1100/1150/1200RT. The Daytona is a total copy the Honda CBR600RR. And the Tiger is a shameless copy as well. I'm surprised at the direction that this company is going. Not an original design in sight. If I could, I would rate it a total fail.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS