totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

The must have of 2015: The new Indian Scout. $10,999

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

The must have of 2015: The new Indian Scout. A steal at $10,999!

The latest 2015 model you just have to see: The 2015 Indian Scout. Brand new and redesigned from scratch at a stunning price of just $10,999. The Indian Scout "This is the first truly new Indian Scout in more than 70 years" will get you a 1133cc, 100hp V-Twin, modern technology and breakthrough design: 2015 Indian Motorcycle Model Guide: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Indian.htm

NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: The must have of 2015: The new Indian Scout. $10,999

#2 Unread post by Johnj »

SPECIFICATIONS
2015 Indian Scout
ENGINE Liquid-cooled 60-degree V-twin , dohc, four valves per cylinder
DISPLACEMENT 69 cubic in. / 1131cc
BORE & STROKE 99.0mm x 73.6mm
COMPRESSION RATIO 10.7:1
HORSEPOWER 100 hp at 8100 rpm
PEAK TORQUE 72.2 lb.-ft at 5900 rpm
TRANSMISSION six-speed
CLUTCH wet multi-plate
FINAL DRIVE belt drive, 141 tooth
RECOMMENDED FUEL 91 octane
FUEL CAPACITY 3.3 gal.
FUEL DELIVERY EFI
FRONT SUSPENSION 41mm fork, 4.7 in. of travel
REAR SUSPENSION dual shocks, 3.0 in. of travel
FRONT BRAKE 298mm rotor, 2-piston caliper
REAR BRAKE 298mm rotor, 1-piston caliper
CLAIMED DRY WEIGHT 538 lb.
CLAIMED WET WEIGHT 558 lb.
GROUND CLEARANCE 5.3 in.
GVWR 988 lb.
LENGTH 91.0 in.
WIDTH 34.6 in.
HEIGHT 47.5 in.
RAKE 29º
TRAIL 4.7 in.
SEAT HEIGHT (LADEN) 26.5 in.
WHEELBASE 61.5 in.
FRONT TIRE 130/90-16 72H
FRONT WHEEL cast alloy, 16 x 3.5
REAR TIRE 150/80-16 71H
REAR WHEEL cast alloy, 16 x 3.5
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I suggested to Indian that they needed a bike around the $10k mark even if it didn't use the new 111 ci engine, and funny enough, it's exactly what we got! I'm shocked how good the fit and finish look in the photos and how good the bike looks for the price!

I took a quick look this morning at the Indian Scout's competition, which naturally I'm going to say, Harley-Davidson. The new Indian Scout's engine size and power is closer to a V-Rod than that of a sportster (which I was leaning to at first). In fact, when you compare the V-Rod vs the Indian Scout you get:

Scout
$5,250 (47%) less expensive (vs V-Rod Special)
108lbs lighter
22 less horsepower
11.2 less torque

That's quite interesting as the V-Rod is Harley-Davidson's best performance motorcycle and the Indian Scout matches it but it's 47% cheaper and the difference in hp and torque works out roughly the same when you consider it's over 100lbs lighter.

Now the original way I looked at it was vs a Sportster. And for the same price you can buy a Sportster 1200 and that comparison would highly favor the Scout.

So I think the Indian Scout will be making some interesting board discussions over at Harley-Davidson since Harley-Davidson just released their 2015 H-D Road Glides and the Scout looks so much better for the dollar overall than anything H-D is offering.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I just wanted to add two more things to show how ground breaking the new Indian Scout is:

1. The compression ratio of the Scout is a fairly average 10.7:1, while the V-Rod is 11.5:1 and the Suzuki GSX-R1000 is 12.9 : 1 so there is more power still to be had in that Scout engine.

2. The Indian scout is the BASE, entry-level Indian motorcycle and (as far as I'm reading) not marketed as a performance cruiser. The V-Rod is Harley-Davidson's top of the line performance cruiser. And yet, somehow, Indian's made a competitor to the V-Rod for 47% less!

Mike

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#5 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Looks like a prime Cool Wall candidate then :D
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:Looks like a prime Cool Wall candidate then :D
That's a great idea, I'll up it up on Friday then. It's unfortunate that Indian released it on Saturday night or it would have been up this week, but with Sturgis going on I can understand the odd release time. :D

Mike