Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

SEEWER PODIUMS AS ANSTIE INJURED AT LOKET

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

SEEWER #PODIUMS AS ANSTIE INJURED AT #LOKET

Team Suzuki Press Office - August 4.

The Grand Prix of Czech Republic represented the 14th round of 17 in the FIM Motocross World Championship and the sixth from eight in both the European EMX125 and EMX250 series.

Some 22,000 spectators found refuge on the hills of the scenic but old-school Loket circuit and while Max Anstie suffered a crash and badly gashed elbow in the MX2 class, the Rockstar Energy Suzuki Europe crew could count on Jeremy Seewer to earn his sixth podium and Jorge Zaragoza to classify eighth for his best result of the season in hot and summery conditions on the western border.

Loket was the antithesis of the newly, purpose-built course at the Lausitzring in Germany seven days previously and the 40-year-old venue was tight, winding and difficult through the loose and slippery top layer of soil covering the Czech hard-pack. Overtaking was far from simple; therefore decent starts were crucial for hopes of the Grand Prix podium.

Successfully negotiating the relocated gate and first corner, Anstie was desperately unlucky to clash with Elliott Banks Browne and crash on the fast and tricky rise to the pit lane straight. The Brit limped off the track but what prevented him from attempting the second moto was a bad gash - down to the bone - on his right elbow and he required a hospital visit to have the wound cleaned and treated.

Seewer came to Loket defending second place in the European EMX250 championship and after having tasted victory already in the series on the RM-Z250. The Swiss confidently won his semi-final Heat on Saturday by seven seconds and then posted a lap that allowed him to be third fastest in warm-up on Sunday. For the Final, '#91' gained second place by moving up behind Valentin Guillod and initially began to chip away at the three-second gap but his countryman was too strong on this occasion. The 19 year old posted his fifth podium from six and stares at a 17-point gap in the standings with 75 still to play for.

In the same division Jorge Zaragoza showed some of the electric potential that made him one of the most sought-after junior riders two years ago and before two broken arms briefly halted his career progress. The 17 year old was third in Saturday's qualification programme and for the main race on Sunday battled to eighth place for his highest classification yet this year on the RM-Z250.

After posting his best finish of the season on the RM125 last week in Germany, Brian Hsu was again lively in the popular two-stroke class but a crash and damaged bike (after being hit by another rider) meant he could not complete more than a few laps.

Rockstar Energy Suzuki Europe will next face international duty with the Grand Prix of Belgium in two weeks time at the Bastogne circuit as the FIM and European contests enter their twilight stages. The FIM Junior World Championship is an important date for the crew this coming weekend at Jinin and they will remain in the Czech Republic.

Thomas Ramsbacher:

"Incredible bad luck for Max, but in a way he was lucky not to be more badly injured. The wound was pretty bad on his arm and needed some medical attention so that meant the second moto was not possible. Brian also didn't get good fortune but Jorge is making progress and it was great to see Jeremy on the podium again, especially as he pulled up to second place from a mediocre start. We now have the Junior World Championship so we'll focus on that while Max has time to heal-up before Bastogne."

Jorge Zaragoza:

"Very good today and my best result of the season yet. Every time I go out I am getting better and nearer the leaders. Next week will be a good opportunity but it will be quite difficult because I haven't ridden the 125 and I don't know how it will go but I'll do all I can to try and win the race."

MX2 World Championship Standings (after 14 of 17 rounds): 1. Jeffrey Herlings (NED, KTM), 692 points; 2. Jordi Tixier (FRA, KTM), 515 p.; 3. Jose Butron (ESP, KTM), 436 p.; 4. Christophe Charlier (FRA, Yamaha), 405 p.; 5. Glenn Coldenhoff (NED, KTM), 377 p.; 6. Dean Ferris (AUS, Yamaha), 359 p.; 7. Jake Nicholls (GBR, KTM), 345 p.; 8. Alessandro Lupino (ITA, Kawasaki), 294 p.; 9. Max Anstie (GBR, Rockstar Energy Suzuki Europe), 282 p.; 10. Petar Petrov (BUL, Yamaha), 262 p.

European EMX250 Overall result: 1. Valentin Guillod (SUI, KTM), 29:21.081; 2. Jeremy Seewer (SUI, Rockstar Energy Suzuki Europe), +0:08.036; 3. Mike Kras (NED, Suzuki), +0:18.004; 4. Damon Graulus (BEL, KTM), +0:19.094; 5. Benoit Paturel (FRA, Husqvarna), +0:20.597; 6. Filip Neugebauer (CZE, Kawasaki), +0:21.420; 7. Nathan Watson (GBR, KTM), +0:28.831; 8. Jorge Zaragoza (ESP, Rockstar Energy Suzuki Europe), +0:32.360; 9. Brent Van Doninck (BEL, KTM), +0:36.956; 10. Brian Bogers (NED, KTM), +0:41.814.

European EMX250 Championship Standings (after 6 of 8 rounds): 1 Valentin Guillod (SUI, KTM), 144 points; 2. Jeremy Seewer (SUI, Rockstar Energy Suzuki Europe), 127 p.; 3. Damon Graulus (BEL, KTM), 101 p.; 4. Brian Bogers (NED, KTM), 76 p.; 5. Ceriel Klein Kromhof (NED, KTM), 68 p.; 6. Mike Kras (NED, Suzuki), 59 p.; 7. Brent Van Doninck (BEL, KTM), 59 p.; 8. Benoit Paturel (FRA, Husqvarna), 55 p.; 9. Micha-Boy De Waal (NED, KTM), 53 p.; 10. Jordan Booker (GBR, Kawasaki), 41 p.; 16. Jorge Zaragoza (ESP, Rockstar Energy Suzuki Europe), 23 p.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.