ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING’S ZACH OSBORNE VICTORIOUS AT TORONTO SX!

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING’S ZACH OSBORNE VICTORIOUS AT TORONTO SX!

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

WILSON 8TH, ANDERSON 19TH IN 450 CLASS

The Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing Team went international for the ninth round of AMA Supercross, held at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario on Saturday. Zach Osborne excited the crowd with his second victory of the season in the 250SX East class. He currently has a comfortable lead in 250 rider point standings. Teammate Dean Wilson earned another top-10 finish in the 450 class, while Jason Anderson suffered from a flat front tire.
Zach Osborne displayed impressive speed the entire day. After qualifying first aboard his Husqvarna FC 250, he started in the top-10 in his heat and came through the pack to finish third and earn a transfer position to the main. In the main, he pulled a top-five start and navigated his Husqvarna FC250 into third by the end of the first lap. He stayed on the gas and put in some impressive laps before making the pass for the lead in lap seven. He soon started pulling away, and held on for the win and a nearly 10 second lead. He is currently leading in 250SX East rider point standings.
“Collectively, it was a great day for us,” said Osborne. “I was fastest in every session. I didn’t get a great start in my heat race. I spun a little bit behind the gate and ended up third. I got off to a good start in the main and was right in the mix, around third or fourth, and just kind of let the race play out in front of me. I took the lead and never looked back. It’s pretty unreal.”
Dean Wilson qualified fourth in the 450 class, and had his sights set on another top-10 finish in the main. He got a mid-pack start in his heat and moved through the field to finish sixth, just two spots outside a transfer position. He got a good start in the 450 semi, was third by the third lap, and went on to finish third and qualify for the main. He pulled a top-10 start in the main and worked his way up to eighth by the sixth lap. He held strong the remainder of the race and finished eighth. He is currently ninth overall in 450 rider point standings.
“I got another top-10,” said Wilson. “That’s where I’m supposed to be. The day was OK. I’m just not really stoked on my riding. My qualifying time was good – I was fourth. I mean my speed is good, but doing it in the race is what counts. I just got really tight out there and was in survival mode. It’s a little disappointing because I’ve beat guys that have already gotten podiums, and I want to be up there. It’s just a building season for me, so I’ve just got to learn from it and have a good week."
Jason Anderson started the night strong by finishing second in his heat, earning a direct transfer to the 450 main. In the main, however, Anderson’s front wheel made contact with another rider’s foot peg resulting in damaged spokes. He pulled into the mechanic’s area shortly thereafter to change it, but got hit again later in the race. He would eventually finish the race in 19th.
“My night was going pretty well,” said Anderson. “My heat race was good, and I was riding fast. I was in third at the start of the main, but another rider’s foot peg got stuck in my spokes and ripped them all out and bent my rotor. I swapped my front wheel after that, but then I got hit again and it messed my bike up even more. I’m just going to focus on next week’s race in Daytona.”
Osborne, Anderson and Wilson will now make their way to the 10th round of the series to be held next Saturday at the Daytona International Speedway in Daytona, Florida.

Toronto Supercross Results:

250SX East Main Event:
1. Zach Osborne – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
2. Adam Cianciarulo
3. Christian Craig

250SX East Rider Point Standings:
1. Zach Osborne – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing – 70 points
2. Joey Savatgy – 58 points
3. Jordon Smith – 52 points
4. Adam Cianciarulo – 52 points
5. Colt Nichols – 49 points
6. Kyle Peters – 37 points
7. RJ Hampshire – 36 points
8. Dylan Ferrandis – 34 points
9. Luke Renzland – 31 points
10. Alex Martin – 29 points

450 Main Event:
1. Eli Tomac
2. Ryan Dungey
3. Broc Tickle

8. Dean Wilson – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

19. Jason Anderson – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

450 Rider Point Standings:
1. Ryan Dungey – 196 points
2. Eli Tomac – 172 points
3. Marvin Musquin – 157 points
4. Cole Seely – 153 points
5. Jason Anderson – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing – 123 points
6. Davi Millsaps – 112 points
7. Chad Reed – 101 points
8. Blake Baggett – 99 points
9. Dean Wilson – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing – 97 points
10. Broc Tickle – 96 points
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.