Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

INDONESIAN MUD CURTAILS SUZUKI MXGP IMPROVEMENT

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

INDONESIAN MUD CURTAILS SUZUKI MXGP IMPROVEMENT

Team Suzuki Press Office – March 5.

Kevin Strijbos – (6-0) for 6th
Arminas Jasikonis – (16-0) for 16th

Indonesia saw both Kevin Strijbos and Arminas Jasikonis record their best moto results of the MXGP season so far, but there was a feeling that even more could have been accomplished were it not for the big mudhole that developed on the far side of the track.

Both riders fell victim to it at different stages of the first moto and it was then this obstacle that played a big part in the second MXGP moto being cancelled, denying the riders a chance for redemption as they look to climb the championship leaderboard.

That led to some disappointment for Strijbos, who had a decent first moto and he had this to say about the weekend: “It’s a shame that it’s been cancelled as from our side, we were here all week waiting for the GP and then they cancelled yesterday after free practice and then today after the first race. The first moto I just tried to stay on two wheels, I wasn’t riding great, a bit too tight, scared to make a mistake. Others were faster but they were getting stuck so I was doing ok. Then the last lap I got stuck in the mudhole and Rui Goncalves passed me for fifth so that’s disappointing as I felt I was good enough for that top-five. Some main guys lost a lot of points so that’s good for me in the championship; now I just need to go home, work on some weak points and get ready for Argentina.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.