Crazy weather today May 3, 2007

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Crazy weather today May 3, 2007

#1 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I am quite certain I have never seen it snow here in May. Today for almost a half hour between 5:30 and 6pm, the temperature suddenly dropped, the wind picked up and a very black cloud overhead exploded with a vengeance. Here are a few pics.....

Then, almost as suddenly as it started, it stopped, but not before the snow had a chance to fill up awnings along the street and cause serious dripping and overflowing canvas. :laughing:

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#2 Unread post by Wrider »

That's strange weather? Huh, you really oughta come to CO for a summer! lol
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#3 Unread post by Apollofrost »

Hehe, it snowed on the outskirts of LA, on the 20th of april.
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

NightNurse
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#4 Unread post by NightNurse »

The weather here is really strange lately too! Last month it was 80 one day, snowed the next.

Now we have been having storms all week, and tomorrow is Derby :/. Its going to be one huge mud pit.

sunshine229
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#5 Unread post by sunshine229 »

You guys are getting all kinds of crazy weather this year. I listen to a Vancouver radio station all day at work online (Z95.3) and I heard it was snowing a week or two ago and I thought that was weird. But now snow again in May? Totally weird.

Andrea :)
Andrea :sun:

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#6 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

A little taste of that Southern Alberta weather for you guys eh :D which has been wacky like this for ages... probably much like Colorado... heck it snowed here about a week ago and was quite stormy (May 20-ish). This prob'ly wrecked a lot of peoples gardens and it definitely took some trees down around the city, but now the forecast for the whole week is 20-25C and it's beautiful outside. I rode my bicycle all day today, rather than trot around on the motorbike. I'll have to throw on the rollerblades and work on the fitness factor a little more now that the summer weather is coming out to play. :D
:cowboy:
Like Sunshine says though, the weather in Van has really been wonky this year. The storm that ruined Stanley Park really sucks. Cant believe the footage from the news, that was really disheartening.

The nice thing about the weird weather is it can make for great photo opportunities, some frosty, wet things and then great sunlight, etc... I love to watch storms hit hard and then clear over. Our season's have blended together alot here and in general our temps are warmer and the growing season has changed for the better. One thing I've always loved about Van is all the green green and plants everywhere. It's a beautiful area, and the hiking areas are closer than they are to our city etc.
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#7 Unread post by Gummiente »

Blues, it can all be attributed to global warming - a direct result of the smoke in the atmosphere from all those people who smoke the products of all those grow-ops out there on the Left Coast.

Or it could be fallout from one of those parties at Buzz's place. Too close to call, really. :laughing:
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#8 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Gummiente wrote:Blues, it can all be attributed to global warming - a direct result of the smoke in the atmosphere from all those people who smoke the products of all those grow-ops out there on the Left Coast.

Or it could be fallout from one of those parties at Buzz's place. Too close to call, really. :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing:

It's more than likely from all the barbequeing. :wink:

zed
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#9 Unread post by zed »

blues2cruise wrote:
Gummiente wrote:Blues, it can all be attributed to global warming - a direct result of the smoke in the atmosphere from all those people who smoke the products of all those grow-ops out there on the Left Coast.

:laughing: :laughing:

It's more than likely from all the barbequeing. :wink:

These are popular misconceptions.
Global warming is actually caused by air conditioning. :ohmy:
I always follow the rules.
The only exception to the rule occurs when I make an exception to the rule not to make an exception to the rule and that only occurs under exceptional circumstances.

2005 Vulcan 500 LTD

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#10 Unread post by ofblong »

hehe ive seen it snow in July here in Michigan. Matter of fact I think it was about 4 years ago when it last did that.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]