My brother's life in Afghanistan

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#31 Unread post by Shorts »

CYNWAGON wrote:Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to help my cousin. Her husband is still in afghanistan until next month some time - maybe. In the past 2 weeks he's lost 2 personal friends and many more brothers.
One of the soldiers who was killed recently is my cousin's daughter's best friend's dad. (sorry if it's confusing) These girls are 6. My cousin has been crying all day and is so scared.... what can I do for her?
Navy spouse here...

She can talk to her Ombudsman and Chaplain, and other friends and family. Unfortunately as a spouse with a deployed wife/husband there's not a lot you can do except get support from those around you. And get it from supportive people with positive help. It does no good to go spend time with other big worriers or negative nellies, they'll only bring you further down.

A good way to help stop worrying is to go do things for those who need help. Go put effort into something productive or you'll drive yourself crazy worrying. Easier said than done, yes. But this is a tough fact of life for military families.

cynwagon, if she's here in the States and close by, worth a shot to ask if she needs any help with the kids or if there's anything you can do to help her with her schedule. It's always nice to have friends or family come out to visit and lend a hand with the daily routine. Takes some stress off the parent and let's them catch their breath a bit. School is starting Monday here so things have to be really hectic trying to start the school year and handle the recent recent news for your cousin.

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#32 Unread post by BuzZz »

drugs never fail.... :wink:
No Witnesses.... :shifty: