I can't do that anymore

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#11 Unread post by ceemes »

dean owens wrote:
Meanie wrote:Why does anyone have to be party specific? Why can't people just choose the best candidate they think can do the job without affiliating them to a party? That's one of the main problems in this country with politicians. Too many are committed to one party or the other and it's mostly Dems or Reps and for the past few decades, both have proven to be "crumb" in one form or another.
i get what you're saying, but generally a party has some core values. hence someone setting themselves up with a particular party. it's not always the case. and each party evolves. that's why new parts raise up and old ones die. currently, neither party is what they started off as. i don't think i go with a party but there is one that i tend to go to more often than not. although, if the two front runners of the two major parties become the options for president - i will be voting libertarian for the first time ever in a presidential election.
When was the last time a new political party started up in the US that had any real chance of winning the White House or control of either the Senate or Congress? The Libertains have been shivering outside in the dark for decades while both the Dem and Repubs have been partying and making merry. At least in Canada we have a better choice of poison and new parties do come and have an actual shot at the golden ring that is Ottawa and old parties have fallen by the wayside.
Always ask why.

MMO
Rookie
Rookie

#12 Unread post by MMO »

I know right? The extremes are simply ridiculous, some areas are better on one side while some are better on the other.

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#13 Unread post by BuzZz »

All politicians are lying scum. Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't...... the only 'winners' are the lying scum who use their positions to steal taxpayer's money and give their friends patronage.

I absolutely believe this to be true of all politicians in all countries. Maybe once in a generation there comes an exception in one or 2 countries, but the rarity of these exceptions is staggering.

Politics is so dam depressing..... :frusty:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#14 Unread post by NorthernPete »

when else but during an election can you go out and steal all those pretty signs though....
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

BuzZz
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#15 Unread post by BuzZz »

Signs? What signs? I never see any signs at election time.

They do put up all them handy shotgun targets all over intersections and on random lawns up and down the street. Those the things you're talking about? :twisted:

:laughing:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#16 Unread post by NorthernPete »

You know...it IS hunting season now....... *ponders*
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F