BEWARE OF BC VANITY PLATE JST RLX

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

BEWARE OF BC VANITY PLATE JST RLX

#1 Unread post by ceemes »

An alert for my fellow Lower Mainland riders:

Dear Madam,

You Madam, the one driving the red Grand Prix with the BC vanity plate reading JST RLX and with a Wiener dog running loose on your passenger seat have to be one of the most stupid, impatient and ignorant cows I have had the misfortune to meet on the roads of our fair Province. And believe me Madam, I have met more then my fair share.

Yes Madam, I know todays weather was foul, more in keeping with November instead of June and yes I know traffic was backed up and crawling at a snails pace. And yes, there were more then a few queue jumpers jocking for position, however you Madam made the worst of them look positively saintly in comparison.

From the vantage point of my bike, I watched you commit more then one driving sin that could of easily caused a multi-vehicle pile up on Steveston Highway leading to the injury or possible death of your fellow commuters, including yours truly.

I watched you at the intersection of Number 5 road and Steveston as you forced you way between a blue Jeep SUV and a tractor-trailer unit. You didn't try to ease your way in, no you jumped into what small gap the here was between the two, forcing the Jeep driver to slam on her brakes and the car behind her to do the same to avoid a rear-ender. And you couldn't get all the way in, thereby blocking two lanes of traffic so that the cars behind you which should of been able to continue onwards to stop and block the intersection.

And you did this from the inside lane, lead me to believe you came flying down that lane just to jump the queue. I guess you figured that you and your time is more important than your fellow commuters who have been patiently queuing up in the driving rain for their chance to get onto Highway 99 south.

Now I could let that pass had that been you only driving sin, but sadly it was not. No, you had to compound that sin by proving just how important you and your time was. As I sat beside you in outside lane as we inched forward, waiting till we merged onto the on ramp I saw you take you hands off your steering wheel and your eyes off the road to pick up you rather large handbag from the floor well of the front passenger seat and rummage through it looking for your cell phone and some papers. Yes Madam, I was keeping an eye on you just in case you did something incredibly that could of resulted in me visiting the hospital ER again, and you did not disappoint.

And when you finally looked up, you noticed you had almost driven into the back of the trailer unit of the semi you were behind. It was almost comical watching your poor wiener dog fall off his seat and onto the floor when you jammed on your brakes.

But you hadn't learned you lesson yet had you Madam? No, the best was yet to come wasn't it? While talking on your mobile and READING from what looked to be a fax, you attempted to move into my lane, without first checking to see who might be occupying that space, which was yours truly on his bike. Fortunately I was keeping a close eye on you and a the blast from my rather anemic horn along with those behind both of us brought you back to reality and you aborted your homicidal rush into my lane and bike. But the look you gave me, it was priceless. It was not so-much as to say sorry, but a glare as to say how dare I occupy the space you wanted and demanded.

Your vanity plate deciphers as Just Relax, I strongly suggest you heed those words yourself. Contrary you what you may believe, you are not more important then any other road user, you time is not any more important and you do not have the right to force yourself and your stupid dog onto us. I have a rather rude expression I rarely use to describe people such as yourself, it rhymes with Billy Hunt, and Madam you are certainly one.

From the gentleman on the black Honda Sabre who saluted you appropriately as I passed by at the south bound entrance of the George Massey Tunnel.

ceemes.
Always ask why.

Kibagari
Elite
Elite

#2 Unread post by Kibagari »

If you know anyone in the insurance industry, they can run plates like cops can (not supposed to for other purposes other than business, but pfft, my mother does it anyway), find the owner, and send her that letter.

I'm sure it'd be an eye opener, at the very least.
"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot."
D. H. Lawrence (1885 - 1930)
-------------------------------
1976 Honda CB360T

Big B
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#3 Unread post by Big B »

well said sir!!
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#4 Unread post by MZ33 »

I'm glad you were on guard, ceemes. :shock:
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

Rod.
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by Rod. »

Well done -- and well said!

You've probably seen this rule of the road before, but if not:

"Always assume the other guy is trying to kill you, and act accordingly. Think of the stupidest thing another driver could possibly do intentionally. Then imagine they're trying to do that but are on a cell phone and not paying attention. Count on that when making your move."

Rod.

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#6 Unread post by JC Viper »

See if the site www.platewire.com has anything for people in Canada. This site allows people to post the plates of an offending driver and label them as a hazard or such.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#7 Unread post by blues2cruise »

:clapping:

You can write that information in a letter to ICBC and the police. They will more than likely pay her a visit.

I know because I have done that on 2 occasions and have heard back from the police that they did indeed go to educate the person. :mrgreen:

And....one of the people in question behaved oh so well the next time I saw her. I used to see her in the mornings when I was commuting on my bicycle. I believe I had called her a stupid cow. :laughing:

Fast Eddy B
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 02 Fazer FZS600

#8 Unread post by Fast Eddy B »

blues2cruise wrote: I believe I had called her a stupid cow. :laughing:

Oh, so it's fine for you! I've changed that to a more appropriate word Blues. tsk tsk.

:wink:
02 Fazer 600

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#9 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Fast Eddy B wrote:
blues2cruise wrote: I believe I had called her a stupid cow. :laughing:

Oh, so it's fine for you! I've changed that to a more appropriate word Blues. tsk tsk.

:wink:
Yabut.....I really did use the word cow. :P (Moooo) I don't use that other word....ever... :)