Eight Reasons...

Kibagari
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

Eight Reasons...

#1 Unread post by Kibagari »

Eight Reasons Even The Innocent Shouldn't Talk To Police

In that link is a very well done presentation by a law professor on how police operate and why NO ONE should ever talk to them. It will take roughly 27 minutes of your time for his video, and then 21 minutes of your time for the second video by a police officer with Virginia Beach confirming all of what the professor said.

If you've got the time, give it a watch/listen. You might be surprised.

This is extremely informative and gives you a new look on our justice system. It helped me: no way I'm ever telling a cop anything unless a lawyer gives me the nod.[/url]
"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot."
D. H. Lawrence (1885 - 1930)
-------------------------------
1976 Honda CB360T

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Interesting.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by Shorts »

Yeah...great video. This is what gun owners often get labeled as "paranoid" for thinking about. But, this does happen and its intentionally studied and so that one can be prepared if heaven forbid s/he just used a firearm in self-defense.

...."I fully intend to cooperate. I will have a statement after talking to my lawyer"

Conversation over.

Talking to the cops as a witness - done that several times.

the_sandman_454
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#4 Unread post by the_sandman_454 »

There is nothing to be gained and potentially much to lose by volunteering information to the police or volunteering to allow them to search your person or your automobile, bike or dwelling.

The police these days are not necessarily your friends, they are looking for information they can potentially use against you.

You have to be careful especially since in this country there are literally so many laws on the books that nobody honestly knows if he/she is violating some obscure law at any given moment.