Please believe me when I say- I need your help.

storysunfolding
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

Please believe me when I say- I need your help.

#1 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Hey guys,

Look through all my posts, stalk me on the internet or be my best friend. No matter how you find it you'll see that other than pushing new riders towards the BRC- I don't push causes or agenda's on anyone.

Knowing that, I implore you to read my next post which is an email sent to me by my room mate. Comment all you want- but this is a real story with a complete disregard for due diligence leading to a travesty that's rocked uncounted lives.

Regards,
Ste

ps if you can, please spread the message
Last edited by storysunfolding on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#2 Unread post by storysunfolding »

I write this to ask for your assistance. I am asking you to sign this petition in memory of my aunt and I will now explain why.

On January 11, 2009 my aunt Julie was murdered by her ex-husband John Polley. He shot her, called 911, and claimed it was an accident. He was taken into custody where he put on an elaborate show for the cops in telling them how sorry he was, how much he loved her, he was drunk and he didn't know the gun was loaded, etc. Without speaking to anyone else, the cops charged him with second-degree manslaughter (the unlawful killing of a human being without malice either express or implied, and without intent to kill or to inflict the injury causing death, committed accidentally..."

As you can imagine, my family is outraged at this light charge. There is no doubt in our minds that the premeditated and purposely murdered her.

Let me tell you what we know and what the Niagara Falls Police Department were too stupid to ask or investigate. John Polley was abusive - mentally, emotionally, and sometimes physically - not only to my aunt but her children (his step-children). Since the day of their wedding about 20 years ago he did a complete 180 and his true colors came out. While initially some of my family liked him they later saw him for how he truly was and begged my aunt to get away. She divorced him years ago but was never able to completely break free. He is completely possessive. He's an alcoholic. He's an avid hunter and knows how to handle guns. We know several people who have heard him say that he always keeps his guns loaded and he never has the safety on.

More importantly, he threatened my aunt in a letter in late December and demanded that she move back in with him, etc. My aunt showed this letter to a friend just after the New Year and it was last seen being put back into her purse. This purse and the letter are no where to be found, and we fear that he destroyed them. Unbelievably, the police will not get a search warrant for John Polley's home.

Last January John Polley told my mother that the Niagara Falls Police Department was full of a bunch of idiots and that he was certain he could get away with murder. He was right. And now he is. My family has to live with the fact that we didn't try harder to get her away from this guy but we cannot stand by and let him live freely after murdering my aunt.

While I know that simply handing the DA's office a petition will not get the charges changed, it will make them aware that people are paying attention and demanding that a proper investigation be completed. Petitions are more effective than you may think. Please follow the link to sign your name if you agree that the Niagara Falls Police Department needs to do more in this case. Feel free to send this email to anyone whom you think would want to sign.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/4/in-mem ... lia-mcgill

I am eternally grateful,
Michelle
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Big B
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#3 Unread post by Big B »

that's terrible, my heart goes out to that family. petition signed.
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#4 Unread post by jonnythan »

This is indeed tragic.

However, the DA would need to prove a murder charge. Given what is laid out in this letter, I imagine that would be virtually impossible.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#5 Unread post by blues2cruise »

The petition is closed.

I am so sorry for your loss. :cry:

paxtonleiny
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2016 Honda Motorcycles

Re: Please believe me when I say- I need your help.

#6 Unread post by paxtonleiny »

A murder charge, however, requires proof from the district attorney's office. That seems extremely unlikely in light of the information presented in this letter.

Gadjet
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 19
My Motorcycle: 2020 KTM 200 Duke

Re: Please believe me when I say- I need your help.

#7 Unread post by Gadjet »

While I approved your post, as it is in keeping with the original subject, you should note that this thread is 14 years old.
1983 Suzuki GS650GL (sold)
2005 Kawasaki KLR 650 (sold)
2020 KTM 200 Duke
IBA#20953
IG: @greenmanwc