High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Re: Toyota - now that the damage is done

#31 Unread post by High_Side »

In similar news Taco Bell was recently cleared of the accusation that they used less than 50% beef in their taco meat. Any F'n ambulance chaser can throw out these reckless accusations without any repercussions and it just isn't right. It will be interesting to see how the law firm responds....

http://www.everydaymoney.ca/2011/04/tac ... ge-ad.html

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#32 Unread post by sunshine229 »

So what the heck does Taco Bell have to do with Toyota???

:laughing:

I'm surprised Mike hasn't sniffed out the Taco Bell on the boards! ;)
Andrea :sun:

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#33 Unread post by High_Side »

sunshine229 wrote:So what the heck does Taco Bell have to do with Toyota???

He's been away so long he's lost the scent. Time for a vacation Mike!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#34 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:
sunshine229 wrote:So what the heck does Taco Bell have to do with Toyota???

He's been away so long he's lost the scent. Time for a vacation Mike!
LOL!!

I've been meaning to reply to the "Taco Bell" post you did here. haha. Finally had the chance to (I kept getting wrapped up in work and other posts)

Glad to see Taco Bell using MORE than 50% meat... or is it like McDonalds? 100% Pure Beef (ie: The beef they USE in 100% pure they put in the patty, not the patty is made from 100% beef)

Yo Quiero Taco Bell!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#35 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

High_Side wrote: Any F'n ambulance chaser can throw out these reckless accusations without any repercussions and it just isn't right.
The "ambulance chaser" types who promote actions and put ideas in peoples heads (or who take ideas from peoples heads) are no different then many of the people involved in marketing things to you. Two sides of the same coin (or con).

The tactics used by successful businesses to promote there products and services are often just as immoral as the tactics used to defend against them. A multitiude of professions use humor and necessity, while others sell based upon fear (like insurance, healthcare, automotive service, fire-arms/security, etc.). So on one hand a "profession" may sell on fear and then on another they sell on "redemption" -- payback time. :rant:
:D
Companies that people trust everyday are constantly involved in legal dealings -- many of which are completely justified within the latitude of "doing businesses" and yet morally irreprehensible (i.e. Facebook, Apple, Microsoft) that go unnoticed and ignored by regular people and are simply considered as a "cost of doing business" (i.e. "stealing" patents, building product, gaining market-share, then negotiating later).... yada yada yada...

So, be it with Taco Bell and MacDonalds concerning the associated governing bodies legal term for "Beef" and the acceptable use of the language in promoting "Beef" that differ widely from what one might expect "Beef" to mean or this automotive concern with a class-action lawsuit attacking Toyota over a car that appears unstoppable, it has roots and very similar aspects to the slanderous statements people often make about other people every day on the street, in a work environment, within there group of friends, etc.

Statements and actions people take are often selfishly focused, narrow-minded, emotionally guided, and weakly justified, rather than balanced, well-considered, rationalized and focused on the entirety of a given situation.

One difference is the "gossip" people engage in as individuals is less actionable than the actions corporations engage in. The discovery of Truth and Justice is a common tenet of the foundation of a legal system, because people as individuals are not often held to honourable standards of conduct... the government builds a legal system (ideally) based upon an principals of conduct and forms it's rules using unbiased, rational, intellectual thought. Realistically the legal system is subject to the same weaknesses of people everywhere who design and enforce it.
:starwars:

Lawyers are people too and there work as part of the legal system is to serve the people -- they serve a market, and the weaknesses of people are a common market being served by companies everywhere. By and large one might say, everything you havent learned to do for yourself is a marketable prospect. Look at the simple aspects of human nature and you will find how our nature becomes intertwined within society in many ways and a large number of complications result from personal responsibility and the lack thereof. The legal system takes over where personal behavior, morals and parenting leaves off (to fill in where ever earlier learning failed to stick).

The more we learn to respect the simple teaching and strength of the world around us, the better off everyone/everything would be... but we miss the most simple things even though they are all around us and often literally the size of mountains.

louis armstrong tune...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIdbroOLvhw
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#36 Unread post by dr_bar »

QuietMonkey wrote: louis armstrong tune...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIdbroOLvhw

Only thing wrong with this song, is that it is too short...

Always loved this song...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#37 Unread post by HYPERR »

dr_bar wrote:

Only thing wrong with this song, is that it is too short...

Always loved this song...
And no matter how many other artists sings this, none of them can come close to Satchmo's version.

It's incredible how someone can sing this so perfectly with such an "imperfect" voice.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS