Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki GSX-R600

Re: Any Shooters?

#11 Unread post by spydercanopus »

Packing an arsenal of
-Remington 770 .30-06 w/ huge scope and collapsible bipod.
-Springfield XDM-9 with 3.8" match barrel
-Beretta .32 Tomcat
-Taurus 1911

Thinking about mounting a chaingun on my bike.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#12 Unread post by Wrider »

spydercanopus wrote: Thinking about mounting a chaingun on my bike.
I'm with you on that. I'm thinking on the next fully faired bike I buy there will be a fiberglassed-in holster.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#13 Unread post by Gummiente »

totalmotorcycle wrote:FNC1-A1 7.62mm battle rifle (my fav)

Ah, memories... :inlove2: I still remember the IA's And Stoppages and how to break that weapon down for cleaning. Heavy little dogs, especially when lugging it around on parade, but that 7.62mm round would penetrate almost anything. The C7 (aka M16) was a nice rifle, but I never got as attached to it as I did with the C1, even though I used it for many more years. Also fired the 9mm Browning pistol, 9mm Browning SMG (another sweetheart of a weapon - just tie a slip knot around the trigger, throw it through an open window and yank on the string... makes for an awesome house clearing tool!), FNC2 semi-auto rifle, .50 cal machine gun, M72 LAW rocket launcher, 84mm Carl Gustav recoilless rifle, and my personal fave... the 155mm gun on the M109 self-propelled Howitzer.

Never had an urge to fire anything after leaving the military, but every once in awhile I think about getting a 9mm pistol and taking it to the firing range.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

agraebner
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#14 Unread post by agraebner »

I started shooting when i was about 8 my dad taught me how to shoot a 22 rifle. A few years later I was shooting his 22 revolver. Then when i was about 10 he gave me a .410 single shot that I still have. I spent my childhood hunting and fishing with him it was the only real use he had for me. AS soon as i was 16 I was living on my own and bought a 20 ga and then a 12 ga then a nice NEW version of the very old trashed 22 I learned on a Marlin semi auto. I had the paper work filled out and waiting for my 21st Bday with my favorite local colt dealer (Then was next door to my work) That got me my first real pistol a Colt 1991A1 45acp. Then came a Glock 17C the compensated model. I went looking for a 357 long barrel revolver for longer range target shooting and the had a sweet heart of a 44 mag on consignment, I never did get my .357 :roll: A few decent years of work and some out of state hunting led to the purchase of a 30/30 lever action marlin, Then a 30-06, Then 300 Winchester mag. That was my last purchase of a firearm. I got tired of the cost of ammo and started loading my own as a hobby and found a world of improvement over factory loads. I used to live out in the country and would shoot weekly, now I live in town so I go to a range a couple times a year. Town life really sucks Tiny garden and no chickens :cowboy:
1984 Honda Magna 700, 1987 CBR1000F, 1991 Nighthawk 750, 1994 FZR600, and for the dirt 1995 KTM 300 EXC and finally a 1986 KX500

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#15 Unread post by mogster »

:party:
My father-in-law has just returned from trip to NRA expo in Pittsburg + National Museum in Fairfax (excuse me if I got that wrong way round). :shooting:

Imagine my fella's excitement when his Dad told him he had a couple of presents coming!

Turns out he's got a shirt + an NRA corkscrew!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am hoping my present will be the wine to go with it. :D
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#16 Unread post by ceemes »

Gummiente wrote:
9mm Browning SMG (another sweetheart of a weapon - just tie a slip knot around the trigger, throw it through an open window and yank on the string... makes for an awesome house clearing tool!).
9MM Browning SMG??????? Me thinks you are getting a little soft in the old memory department Gummy.......You were in about the same time as I was, think you mean the 9MM STERLING SMG as pictured below.
Always ask why.

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#17 Unread post by Gummiente »

ceemes wrote:9MM Browning SMG??????? Me thinks you are getting a little soft in the old memory department Gummy.......You were in about the same time as I was, think you mean the 9MM STERLING SMG as pictured below.
Yes, well... old age is setting in. :oops: 'Twas a great weapon, all the same.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#18 Unread post by Wrider »

I'm going shooting tomorrow. Guy I know wants to learn gun safety so he and I are going up 4 wheeling and shooting.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#19 Unread post by ceemes »

Gummiente wrote:
ceemes wrote:9MM Browning SMG??????? Me thinks you are getting a little soft in the old memory department Gummy.......You were in about the same time as I was, think you mean the 9MM STERLING SMG as pictured below.
Yes, well... old age is setting in. :oops: 'Twas a great weapon, all the same.
Yes it was, so much so that it was still being used, although in a slightly modified version by the Imperial Stormtroopers of the Empire. Mind you, when I used it, it didn't shot out bolt of bright light giving away my position.

After doing my basic way back in '78, some buddies and I went to see the re-release of the original Star Wars movie and during the detention centre break out battle, we spotted the Imps toting Sterlings. Some in the audience cried out "Christ sakes, they're using SMIGS!!!", which caused a lot of laughter to erupt.
Always ask why.