JVRR
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2004 Suzuki GS500F

Any Shooters?

#1 Unread post by JVRR »

Any shooters around? I know its an international forum and its a bit tougher in a lot of the world... :cowboy:

I used to shoot weekly, and carry my 9mm USPc. Before moving back to the Seattle area I went and bought an Olympic Arms K16 .223, but have only used it a couple times :(. My dad is a police officer and we can shoot at his range for free, but on a very limited basis, so the cheap*** in me refuses to pay to go to a range lol. Shot it a week or so after moving back from Russia and had a blast, was the first time I put any real amount of lead through it- still not quite broken-in, but at least got it sighted in and such. We were only shooting 25 yards I think it was, but I was stoked on my shooting. Awesome groups, yes short, but standing with no support. I have almost no experience shooting rifles, and what little I do (mostly Boy Scouts), is all prone or sitting at a rest. I have never been real impressed with my pistol shooting, even when I was shooting weekly... so it was a nice change of pace!

I also have a M1903, but it rarely gets used. Not pictured is a little old bolt-action Springfield .22LR. These are from when I had just purchased the K16, and I had left the .22 at home when I went to university.

Also mounted a cheap Osprey 4x scope on there, but its horrible. Not sure if something is wrong with it but the aperture is awful, tiny, and not very clear. Need a new one as soon as I get a good job lined up, and have outfitted myself with riding gear first :D.

-JV
Xbox LIVE!: "Vlad is Rad"
PSN: "Vlad_is_Rad"
SCII: "Volodya" (code: 314)

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: Any Shooters?

#2 Unread post by Wrider »

Very nice... I'm a shooter/hunter.
Current list is...
Winchester .270
Winchester 30-30
Mossberg 12 gauge (2)
Taurus .40 (2)
Glock .40
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#3 Unread post by ZRex »

I am a shooter.

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#4 Unread post by mogster »

I don't but my fella does. He spent his youth in South Africa & tells of the freedom of going out & shooting "for the pot". His mother became quite enterprising as she was presented with a variety of game for supper.

He still shoots at rifle ranges & shotgun clay shoots, but as you know laws now very restrictive here.

He co owns a gun dealership with his father (ex military weapons instructor) so they get to handle (legally) some interesting items but not possible to use them in UK.

I don't really get involved as it's a father/son thing so can't give technical details. They do regularly go to shows/expos & buy/sell privately.

My own views are mixed. I can see the attraction of target shooting & game is ok if you are going to eat it.I do worry when it seems so easy to get "guns" legally in other parts of the world but maybe the laws in UK are too tight?
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

#5 Unread post by jaskc78 »

Currently have:

Glock .40 (Model 35)
Marlin .22 (Tube Feed, semi-automatic)
Maverick 12 gauge (Model 88, 18.5" Barrel, 8 shot tube)

Would like to have more sport rifles, but those land in the budget behind motorcycles, entertainment, and a whole slew of other things. The 12 gauge we bought when we moved into the new house because there's no better deterrent for thieves than the sound of a pump action shotgun being cycled.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#6 Unread post by NorthernPete »

As an avid hunter, I have a few rifles and shots guns. Owning a remington bushmaster 30.06, a rossi puma .454, mossburg pump 20ga, some russian made single shot 12ga. (Want to become a better duck hunter, go single shot lol) also a little semi auto 22lr which is in need of some serious tcl. Also own a very old percussion cap double barreld muzzle loader which was converted over from a flint lock. But I'm a little leary of firing it as its a demascus steel barrel and I've heard horror stories of shooting these after they have sat for a period of time and the barrels exploding. But I hear black powder shooting is a hoot and would love to try it some day.

I have yet to fire a handgun, but would like to give it a try one day.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#7 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Side note, very interesting to see that a few firearms manufactured also make motorcycle. Bennelli and royal enfield are in both buisnesses.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I'm a shooter, although I haven't shot in years, but when I get back to Canada I intend to renew my Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC).

I have shot (in the Armed Forces)

FNC1-A1 7.62mm battle rifle (my fav)

as well as the M16A2 5.56mm rifle:

and a Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk.I .303 rifle (WWII variety)

and owned a 150lb Barnet straight-pull hunting crossbow:

NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#9 Unread post by ceemes »

I had a .177 single shot air rifle as a kid I use to shoot targets with. Later I shot a .303 Lee Enfield that had been recalibrated to .22 as a Sea Cadet. In the army, it was the 7.62 FNC1 semi-automatic and FNC2 full auto, and the 9MM Sterling SMG. loved that one, standard issue for MP's in the field and the 9MM Browning when on garrison patrol.

After getting out of the forces, I gave up on guns. Had no real need for them since I don't hunt and don't fear my neighbours nor authorities (However, now with Harpo in complete control, I may be forced to revise that stance). My brother-in-law is an avid hunter who has taught his step-son the proper use of weapons. Funny thing is, my brother-in-law is a greater advocate for gun control then I am and fully supports the long gun registry here. Go figure.
Always ask why.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#10 Unread post by Wrider »

Just went shooting today! Put a few round downrange through a few 12 gauge shotguns and a .40 caliber handgun.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha