I thought bikers were supposed to be tough - Total Motorcycle Forums
Total Motorcycle Forums

HTML Cd Menu Css3Menu.com

* FAQ    * Search .    * Search .  . Donate Today Donate .  . Subscribe / Unsubscribe Subscribe / Unsubscribe .  . Subscribe / Unsubscribe Facebook Login Subscribe / Unsubscribe Google Login
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:35 pm

All times are UTC-05:00




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:27 am 
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 417
Real Name: Martin
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 100
My Motorcycle: 1999 Honda Shadow VT1100C2 A.C.E.
Been on a lot of forums the past year and have run into a lot of thin skinned, mommy coddled, life aint fair, sheit don't stink, I'm being bullied biker wanna be's. I certainly hope this is not that kind of place. I like to joke around and can take it so I tend to give it out too. How some think it's possible to be bullied through a two dimensional medium is beyond all comprehension. I mean how is it possible for someone to jump through the computer screen, grab you by the scruff of the neck, and give you a shake or two.

If I offend anyone here it's completely by accident and never meant in a personal way. I'm very seldom serious, except when my family is threatened, and it's always meant in good humor. If at times it doesn't seem so then most likely I'm being unclear enough in my intent and again I'll appologize if necessary.

:soapbox:

Martin

P.S. I see the computer is altering my language and that's not a good sign for a thread called a soap box which claims to allow the freedom to get things out in the open. :rant:

_________________
Welcome to the Horde!!!

Image

1999 Honda Shadow VT1100C2 A.C.E.


Last edited by Kingshead on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:32 am 
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:19 am
Posts: 428
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: '98Ultra w/sc '01 Ultra and 1983FLHS
I've known Martin for over a year or more and I get him. He is a funny guy. Unfortunately his sense of humor is cut short by many because of the inability of the benign and generic happenings of posting leave a lot to be desired.

If anyone reads me and Martins busting each others chops don't worry about it, its what we do. We are actually freinds outside of motorcycle forums.

In other words don't sweat the petty things....pet the sweaty things?


Top
   
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:41 am 
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 417
Real Name: Martin
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 100
My Motorcycle: 1999 Honda Shadow VT1100C2 A.C.E.
badinfluence63 wrote:
I've known Martin for over a year or more and I get him. He is a funny guy. Unfortunately his sense of humor is cut short by many because of the inability of the benign and generic happenings of posting leave a lot to be desired.

If anyone reads me and Martins busting each others chops don't worry about it, its what we do. We are actually freinds outside of motorcycle forums.

In other words don't sweat the petty things....pet the sweaty things?


Thanks John, figured you be in bed by now old man.
Image

_________________
Welcome to the Horde!!!

Image

1999 Honda Shadow VT1100C2 A.C.E.


Top
   
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:44 am 
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:19 am
Posts: 428
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: '98Ultra w/sc '01 Ultra and 1983FLHS
Kingshead wrote:
badinfluence63 wrote:
I've known Martin for over a year or more and I get him. He is a funny guy. Unfortunately his sense of humor is cut short by many because of the inability of the benign and generic happenings of posting leave a lot to be desired.

If anyone reads me and Martins busting each others chops don't worry about it, its what we do. We are actually freinds outside of motorcycle forums.

In other words don't sweat the petty things....pet the sweaty things?


Thanks John, figured you be in bed by now old man.
Image


Working grave yard shift till next Wednesday.


Top
   
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:00 am 
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 417
Real Name: Martin
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 100
My Motorcycle: 1999 Honda Shadow VT1100C2 A.C.E.
badinfluence63 wrote:
Kingshead wrote:
badinfluence63 wrote:
I've known Martin for over a year or more and I get him. He is a funny guy. Unfortunately his sense of humor is cut short by many because of the inability of the benign and generic happenings of posting leave a lot to be desired.

If anyone reads me and Martins busting each others chops don't worry about it, its what we do. We are actually freinds outside of motorcycle forums.

In other words don't sweat the petty things....pet the sweaty things?


Thanks John, figured you be in bed by now old man.
Image


Working grave yard shift till next Wednesday.


I can tell by your picture.

_________________
Welcome to the Horde!!!

Image

1999 Honda Shadow VT1100C2 A.C.E.


Top
   
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:48 am 
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:19 am
Posts: 428
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: '98Ultra w/sc '01 Ultra and 1983FLHS
Speaking of which is that you in your avatar or the new holloween skelton thing you told me you bought,lol.


Top
   
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:51 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 5:34 am
Posts: 3281
Real Name: Mike
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 31
My Motorcycle: '07 HD FLTR/Ranger combo
Location: Grey County, Ontario
Kingshead wrote:
P.S. I see the computer is altering my language and that's not a good sign for a thread called a soap box which claims to allow the freedom to get things out in the open. :rant:


If you're looking for a forum where you can swear and make obscene statements, you've come to the wrong place. This isn't a site for "hardcore bikers", it's one for "motorcycle enthusiasts" from around the world and we run it a little different than what you're probably used to. We aim to make this a family friendly meeting place for riders of all makes and genres, hopefully you'll help us keep it that way.

_________________
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
Image
'07 Road Glide/Ranger
The Blackbird Stealth Bomber

"If loud pipes really did save lives, just imagine what you could accomplish if you learned how to ride that thing"
"Two years and 20k don't make you a biker"
"It ain't WHAT you ride, it's THAT you ride"


Top
   
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:09 am 
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 417
Real Name: Martin
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 100
My Motorcycle: 1999 Honda Shadow VT1100C2 A.C.E.
badinfluence63 wrote:
Speaking of which is that you in your avatar or the new holloween skelton thing you told me you bought,lol.


Yeah, that's me. I'm the one standing, how you doing, sitting down?

Martin

_________________
Welcome to the Horde!!!

Image

1999 Honda Shadow VT1100C2 A.C.E.


Top
   
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:25 am 
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 417
Real Name: Martin
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 100
My Motorcycle: 1999 Honda Shadow VT1100C2 A.C.E.
Gummiente wrote:
Kingshead wrote:
P.S. I see the computer is altering my language and that's not a good sign for a thread called a soap box which claims to allow the freedom to get things out in the open. :rant:


If you're looking for a forum where you can swear and make obscene statements, you've come to the wrong place. This isn't a site for "hardcore bikers", it's one for "motorcycle enthusiasts" from around the world and we run it a little different than what you're probably used to. We aim to make this a family friendly meeting place for riders of all makes and genres, hopefully you'll help us keep it that way.


I'm not a hardcore biker, I'm just a realist and don't like walking on eggshells all the time. As stated in my earlier post, I like to rib a little and have a little fun. If we can't do that then watching TV is more real and true to life than conversing with actual human beings.

Martin

_________________
Welcome to the Horde!!!

Image

1999 Honda Shadow VT1100C2 A.C.E.


Top
   
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:51 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 5:34 am
Posts: 3281
Real Name: Mike
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 31
My Motorcycle: '07 HD FLTR/Ranger combo
Location: Grey County, Ontario
Kingshead wrote:
I'm not a hardcore biker, I'm just a realist and don't like walking on eggshells all the time. As stated in my earlier post, I like to rib a little and have a little fun.


No worries on that, a little ribbing between friends is never a problem. It's just when people cross the line by trying to circumvent the word censor and/or make statements of an inflammatory nature (racist, sexist, etc - the usual) that the mods will step in. Not saying you've done that or are doing that now, I'm just letting you know is all.

_________________
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
Image
'07 Road Glide/Ranger
The Blackbird Stealth Bomber

"If loud pipes really did save lives, just imagine what you could accomplish if you learned how to ride that thing"
"Two years and 20k don't make you a biker"
"It ain't WHAT you ride, it's THAT you ride"


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC-05:00


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
DMCA Protection Status