A new Americam motorcyle

XB08
Legendary
Legendary
Sex: Male

A new Americam motorcyle

#1 Unread post by XB08 »

there is a new one coming out . this is what I down loaded on it.

The world's largest motorcycle producing countries, ranked in order, are China, then India, followed by Japan. However, a new American motorcycle might just lead to a new world order. At a press conference late Monday,
the CEO of Johnson Marine, makers of Johnson outboard marine engines and other recreational equipment, unveiled a new line of heavyweight cruiser-style motorcycles designed to compete head-to-head with industry leader Harley-Davidson.

Peter Long, Johnson's brands marketing manager said, "We have studied
the market and determined that H-D, while highly successful, has
narrowly missed the mark when targeting motorcycle buyers." Long added, "We at Johnson are convinced that our product hits the target dead center and promises to draw sales away from Harley-Davidson in a way no other motorcycle has been able to accomplish".

The new line of bikes, marketed under the name Big Johnson Motorcycles, will, according to Long, deliver what Harley has only promised. "Our research show that this, a Big Johnson, is what Harley buyers are really after."

At the unveiling of the new line, several current Harley owners agreed. "When I bought my Harley, what I really needed was a Big Johnson," said one." But I see now that riding a Harley is no replacement for having a Big Johnson."

Manager Long also said that his company would follow the lead of Harley-Davidson and cash in on a huge market for non-motorcycle related products. "We realize that not every guy can have a Big Johnson," said Long, "But image is very important to people. If they don't have a Big Johnson, they at least want to project the image of having one."

Asked if he anticipated Big Johnsons showing up in the hands of Harley owners, Long said it was unlikely. "I just don't see the need to have a Harley if you have a Big Johnson," he said. "And I can't imagine someone who spends all their resources to acquire a Harley having a Big Johnson. I think it boils down to this - You either have a Harley, or you have a Big
Johnson, but you are not likely to have both. Given the choice," said Long, "I think most guys will opt for the Big Johnson."

Another force driving sales for the company will come from women. A survey of the wives and girlfriends of nearly 1,000 potential motorcycle buyers indicates fewer than 5% would approve of their partner spending $15,000 on a Harley Davidson. But, when asked if they would be willing to pay the same amount of money to get their partner a Big Johnson, nearly 4 out 5 thought that would be money well spent.

One female present at the product unveiling was quoted as saying, "There is no way I will let Lonnie drop 15 grand on another one of those Harleys, but 15 grand to get him a Big Johnson? Well, that's something we could both ride and enjoy, and it's something he really needs."

Carla Roundheel, manager of the dealership network now being established, said her motto is simple. "I service what we sell." Big Johnson Motorcycles will be traded on the New York stock exchange under the abbreviation PNSNV.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#2 Unread post by Gummiente »

You have no idea how old this one is, do you? :roll:
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

XB08
Legendary
Legendary

#3 Unread post by XB08 »

Nope frist time I saw it and friend sent it and it was funny. I owned Harley and can laugh at some hting funny.

Gummiente

#4 Unread post by Gummiente »

Let's see if you'll still laugh when you see it five years later for the eleventy-hundredth time. :wink:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#5 Unread post by ceemes »

Gummiente wrote:Let's see if you'll still laugh when you see it five years later for the eleventy-hundredth time. :wink:
Hell Gummy, you must spend way too much time on the interweb, this is the first time I saw it and howled!!!!!
Always ask why.

Gummiente

#6 Unread post by Gummiente »

So I'm guessing you've never seen the "I raced a Harley today" joke either, then? :lol:

So many of these jokes have been endlessly forwarded in emails over the last 10 years that I've come to the conclusion that there really is nothing new on the interweb anymore. :? But, hey, enjoy the laugh... some day, though, you'll understand what I'm saying here. :wink:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#7 Unread post by HYPERR »

Remember those Big Johnson cartoon tee shirts that were popular in the early 1990s? :lol:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

zeligman
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 02 Suzuki Volusia 800 (in salvage :( )

#8 Unread post by zeligman »

i don't care how many times i've read it.. it's F'IN FUNNY! :)

:lol:
still recovering - back to crutches, then walking with a stick, then running - then hopefully riding again!

terry47147
Rookie
Rookie

#9 Unread post by terry47147 »

It's a classic and holds it's own during the test of time.
Challenge yourself to make life worthwhile...

PacificShot327
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: 2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100

#10 Unread post by PacificShot327 »

Perhaps Mike just has his Canadian undies in a knot because he has a Harley and not a...

:wink:
"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." Alexis Carrel