2008 Honda CBR 125R first service questions?

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2012/Harley Davidson/ Iron 883 Ember Red

2008 Honda CBR 125R first service questions?

#1 Unread post by csspostal »

My book states to have its break in service preformed at 1000km which will be broken on the next ride. (would have been done today but wife texted me told me get my six home for supper)

What do they do during a first service?

What is a ball park price figure I should be paying?

Should I do the oil change myself or wait until after the first service to start doing my own maintenence?
RhadamYgg wrote:I must have a sign on me that says "Never mind, he doesn't need vasoline."

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: 2008 Honda CBR 125R first service questions?

#2 Unread post by Wrider »

It's an oil/filter change, and basically going over the whole bike. Check chain slack (yours is going to have stretched a lot from all of that horsepower... lol), check critical nuts and bolts, listen to the engine, check out the tires. Quite honestly if you have someone that knows bikes it's fine to have them help you check it out. But make sure they actually know bikes. If you want to fly me up there I'd be more than willing to help you out! :wink: :lol:
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#3 Unread post by csspostal »

597 round trip not too bad for a personal mechanic. I'll have to wait to see if I win the lottery this coming Wednesday Then I can fly you out next weekend. :)

With all that horsepower I have I can save gas and two up you from the Airport back to town :lol:

Nope don't know anyone that really knows bikes. Don't know anyone that actually rides bikes either for that matter.
RhadamYgg wrote:I must have a sign on me that says "Never mind, he doesn't need vasoline."

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#4 Unread post by Wrider »

Haha ok. Then yeah I'd take it into the dealer. Unless you can find the other guy with the 125, maybe he knows how and can show you?
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#5 Unread post by csspostal »

Wrider wrote:Haha ok. Then yeah I'd take it into the dealer. Unless you can find the other guy with the 125, maybe he knows how and can show you?
He said it was pretty easy to change the oil and that it doesn't have a filter just a screen that needs cleaning every x amount of km's.

Seeing as I don't know what bolts to check to see if its come loose with all that horse power I've been running around with :) Of course we'll see how much the bill will be first I might change my mind :(