Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Post your Harley-Davidson!

#1 Unread post by Gummiente »

Let's hear about your ride and what mods you've done to it. Mine is an '06 FXDI Superglide in Fire Red Pearl, I traded my '04 FLHT in on it last October and put 2,000km on it before surrendering her to winter storage. As of today it has 11,280km and the only problem has been a shot lower front motor mount, replaced under warranty of course. I have added a quick-detach windshield, SE II mufflers, HD forward controls, HD engine guards, HD nostalgic handlebar grips, HD colour matched hardbags and a Kuryakyn Panacea taillight assembly. I've also made my own ignition switch bracket using a Softail style switch and mounted it where the horn normally sits. The horn has been relocated to between the front downtubes. Here's a pic taken earlier this year before I ditched the rear signals and added the Kuryakyn taillight:
Last edited by Gummiente on Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

It's very pretty. Is the thing below the motor ( transmission??) a dull paint? I'm so used to seeing everything bright and shiny.

OTHG MIKE
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

#3 Unread post by OTHG MIKE »

Here is a pic of my 05 softail standard. I just got it two weeks ago. It's my first Harley and my first road bike in twenty five years. It's got the chrome kit and a numbered Harley custom paint job. I still ride a little MX on the weekends and have this for Sunday nights with the wife.

Gummiente

#4 Unread post by Gummiente »

blues2cruise wrote:It's very pretty.
It pales in comparison to you, m'lady. :notworthy:
blues2cruise wrote: Is the thing below the motor ( transmission??) a dull paint? I'm so used to seeing everything bright and shiny.
It's the primary drive cover (contains a chain that connects the motor to the transmission) and it's a powdercoat silver finish. Mine is the base model in the Dyna series, so there's not a lot of chrome on it. Which is just the way I like it. :wink:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 42
My Motorcycle: Yamaha XJR-1300/Harley-Davidson Roadking

#5 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

OTHG MIKE wrote:Here is a pic of my 05 softail standard. I just got it two weeks ago. It's my first Harley and my first road bike in twenty five years. It's got the chrome kit and a numbered Harley custom paint job. I still ride a little MX on the weekends and have this for Sunday nights with the wife.
Now that is a very nice looking machine, I like the Black Oil Tank.
Congrats!

Watch out though, cause soon your wife will be wanting a Harley of her own this X-Mas.... :D
Last edited by CentralOzzy on Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#6 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

MY 1550 Roadking Classic.
Hey Mr Gummiente,
Why did you decide to trade to the Superglide?
Nice Bike BTW! 8)

Gummiente

#7 Unread post by Gummiente »

CentralOzzy wrote:Why did you decide to trade to the Superglide?
Nice Bike BTW! 8)
Yours is nice too, mate! It's a long story, really... I've been "blessed" with bad knees and a weak back from my Army days and the FLHT was just too hard on my body when pushing in/out of the garage. And although that big E-Glide was THE most comfy bike I have ever ridden, I felt it wasn't being used to its potential as most of my mileage comes from the daily 104km work commute. Kind of a waste of a touring rig, really. Plus, I missed the corner carving fun I had with some of my previous bikes and wanted something a little lighter and more nimble to sling around on my fave twisty roads. Didn't want to leave the Harley family and there was bugger all else out there that fit my requirements anyway, so the Super Glide got the nod. I do miss my FLHT, though. Until I get on my Super Glide and go for a ride, that is. :wink:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Gummiente

#8 Unread post by Gummiente »

CentralOzzy wrote:Watch out though, cause soon your wife will be wanting a Harley of her own this X-Mas.... :D
You have no idea how true that statement is...

When I got my FLHT back in Dec '03, my sweetie was introduced to the Harley "mystique" and it must have planted a seed. She was happy with her '01 Kawi Vulcan 800 Classic but she always had a hankering for the Heritage Softail, only she figured her finances wouldn't allow her to get one. Then they came out with the Softail Deluxe. She still thought it was beyond her reach, though, and was actually crunching numbers on a new 883 Sporty with the intent to trade it in a few years later on the Softail. She surprised the hell out of me earlier this year when we took our usual Saturday morning trip to the dealer one day; I was at the parts counter looking up something for my FXDI, when I turned around she was gone. Someone told me she had just disappeared into the sales office. I figured okay, no problem, she's just running through the numbers on the Sporty again. Then she pops out and asks me which was better, carb or EFI. I told her EFI and she zipped back into the office. Wait a minute... Sporty's don't have EFI... wtf?! Fifteen minutes later she emerged with a hopeful smile on her face and a sales agreement for an '06 Softail Deluxe, all we had to do was wait for approval from Harley Finance. 45 minutes later she was a new Harley owner! She now has over 6,000km on her bike and she absolutely loves it:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#9 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

That's That taken care of then.....now your both set! :wink:
Last edited by CentralOzzy on Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MASHBY
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2012 Harley ElectraGlide

#10 Unread post by MASHBY »

Well I thought I would post a pic in here as I havnt posted in here before :wink:

Rented an Electra Glide for a weekend a couple of years back.Great bike perfect for North American roads.
However I cant justify the price tag when I only get to ride six months of the year.

Just so you guys know there are some japanese bike riders out there that like Harleys.

Four Wheels Good Two Wheels Better