JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#31 Unread post by JC Viper »

RhadamYgg wrote:
BRUMBEAR wrote:I have a buell xb12ss and have had the bike for 2 years and 15K miles and never a dull moment.There is virtually no difference in the backroads the higway ya but I see you also live in NJ and riding highways will probably not be much fun in either
I have looked at some Buells. The new one - the CR or something - looks so weird that I actually really like it.

But I like the B-King too, go figure...

RhadamYgg
I looked at the prices for the SV650 ABS and they aren't too bad, almost a bargain for what you're getting.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: 2006/Yamaha/FZ6

#32 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

JC Viper wrote:
RhadamYgg wrote:
BRUMBEAR wrote:I have a buell xb12ss and have had the bike for 2 years and 15K miles and never a dull moment.There is virtually no difference in the backroads the higway ya but I see you also live in NJ and riding highways will probably not be much fun in either
I have looked at some Buells. The new one - the CR or something - looks so weird that I actually really like it.

RhadamYgg
Buell improved the engine a bit from the 1125R making the 1125CR (Cafe Racer) more refined. So far there are a lot of good reviews on it but it'll be expensive given that it's a Buell (it's priced close to the B-King but any bike above $10k is expensive to me).
Anything over $10K is expensive. Why do I look at these things!!!

A local dealer has a B-King listed on cycle trader - new - for $9999. Got me salivating a little bit until I priced insurance for it... With Comp and Collision. Now if I don't need Comp and Collision I can get insured for about $1K. That's bad enough, but not buy another bike a year scary.

RhadamYgg
RhadamYgg / Skydiver / Motorbike Rider / Mountain Climber
FZ6/11302 mi|Suzuki B-King/5178 mi|Ninja 250cc/5300 mi| (rented)ST1300 850 mi
Hoping my kids don't hate me too much in the future.
Random 2003/Corwin 2006/Cordelia and Morrigan 2009

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#33 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

shane-o wrote:
RhadamYgg wrote:

RhadamYgg

If ya gunna buy a buell, why dont ya just buy a decent "ride on lawn mower" remove 2 wheels that are diagonal to each other, and ride that, it would be just as good, but with the added bonus you could mow ya lawns to when ya needed.

get the B King ;), now thats a krazy lookin bike, If memory serves, it has a detuned busa plant in it, and prolly wouldnt cost ya much more than the tractor for ploughing paddocks that is the Buell :)

Have ya looked at the Sv1000s, SuperHawk, Vmax, Hornet, Bandit, kwaka 1000z etc etc all good non/semi faired bikes

hope that helps

Shane
I haven't checked out the SC1000s, VMAX or the Kawa 1000Z. I did check out the Superhawk online and saw one in person. It looks sweet, but all the reviews seemed to concentrate on... It being a wheelie machine. I'm not so interested in that.

The Bandit kinda turns me off. I don't know why. Maybe I looked at the weird B-King and then looked back at the Bandit and said it isn't weird enough.

VMAX - the older ones... Have quite a reputation.

Right now... of course (and this doesn't make any sense at all) I'm leaning toward a 1999 Honda Blackbird that some guy has in NYC area. Its bland looking, it is probably really fast and not really ideal for a commuter, but I like it and it is only like $5300.

RhadamYgg

shane-o
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 17
My Motorcycle: VTR1000

#34 Unread post by shane-o »

RhadamYgg wrote:
shane-o wrote:
RhadamYgg wrote:

RhadamYgg

If ya gunna buy a buell, why dont ya just buy a decent "ride on lawn mower" remove 2 wheels that are diagonal to each other, and ride that, it would be just as good, but with the added bonus you could mow ya lawns to when ya needed.

get the B King ;), now thats a krazy lookin bike, If memory serves, it has a detuned busa plant in it, and prolly wouldnt cost ya much more than the tractor for ploughing paddocks that is the Buell :)

Have ya looked at the Sv1000s, SuperHawk, Vmax, Hornet, Bandit, kwaka 1000z etc etc all good non/semi faired bikes

hope that helps

Shane
I haven't checked out the SC1000s, VMAX or the Kawa 1000Z. I did check out the Superhawk online and saw one in person. It looks sweet, but all the reviews seemed to concentrate on... It being a wheelie machine. I'm not so interested in that.

The Bandit kinda turns me off. I don't know why. Maybe I looked at the weird B-King and then looked back at the Bandit and said it isn't weird enough.

Right now... of course (and this doesn't make any sense at all) I'm leaning toward a 1999 Honda Blackbird that some guy has in NYC area. Its bland looking, it is probably really fast and not really ideal for a commuter, but I like it and it is only like $5300.

RhadamYgg

nothing rong with the Blackbird mate, thats an excellent choice, of course you know its fully faired :)

The blackbird in its day was the fastest thing off the shop floor, and ive seen footage of a cbrxx put against a busa in the twisties and the blackbird had no trouble getting away from the busa, however they did also run em side by side down a runway and the busa went some where ;), the video was from the cbrxx.

I got the impression you were looking for a naked or partially faired bike.

my bad
[url=http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ragingtux.jpg][img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6403/ragingtux.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7103/thhitlerbx91kg4.gif[/img][/url]
By [url=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/su_tux]su_tux[/url]

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#35 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

Good2bking wrote:I ride a B-King and the only time the wind really gets unsettling is above 100 or so. I rarely do that but every once in awhile it's nice to see what the thing is capable of. Also, my riding jacket is a combo textile/leather and if I don't have the zippers in the front and back open the thing acts like a parachute, lol...
Well, that is good to hear. My max speed on the roads has been 90. I have cruised at 85 on the NJTPKE, but that was with traffic... Typically I go 65 to 75... And then like 2 mph waiting to get over the stinking bridge.

RhadamYgg

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#36 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

shane-o wrote:
RhadamYgg wrote:
shane-o wrote:
RhadamYgg wrote:

RhadamYgg

hope that helps

Shane

RhadamYgg

nothing rong with the Blackbird mate, thats an excellent choice, of course you know its fully faired :)

The blackbird in its day was the fastest thing off the shop floor, and ive seen footage of a cbrxx put against a busa in the twisties and the blackbird had no trouble getting away from the busa, however they did also run em side by side down a runway and the busa went some where ;), the video was from the cbrxx.

my bad
Nah, not your bad... I'm all over the place. My preference is for faired bikes, but I was looking anything that would be new and provide me some things I wanted.

I got over the new thing... The Blackbird has LBS, which isn't ABS, but might be a good help.

The insurance isn't too bad as long as I don't need Comp and Collision.

RhadamYgg

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#37 Unread post by JC Viper »

RhadamYgg wrote:
shane-o wrote:
RhadamYgg wrote:
shane-o wrote:
RhadamYgg wrote:

RhadamYgg

January and Feb are great times to buy a bike at a good price. The dealers want to get rid of last years models.

hope that helps

Shane

RhadamYgg

my bad
Nah, not your bad... I'm all over the place. My preference is for faired bikes, but I was looking anything that would be new and provide me some things I wanted.

I got over the new thing... The Blackbird has LBS, which isn't ABS, but might be a good help.

The insurance isn't too bad as long as I don't need Comp and Collision.

RhadamYgg
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#38 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

curios shano why you are hating on the buell?
I have a KZ1000a1 naked love it I have had an R! didn't care for it it was fast but to fast to ride in the twisties and difficult for me to control the throttle but if you want to hum in a straight line or are younger and faxter reflexes that machine has potentail any of the liter class machines do. The nakeds also carry 1 more good point INSURANCE is cheaper but performance is as good. The buell cr has different gearing same Rotax engine btw and the clubman bars are actually more agressive than the R clipons if you get one get the upright bar option the ergos change completely I personaly like the harley LUMP in my ss 100hp is plenty for me and even old and fat I make a few kids scratch there heads the buell just makes it easier to do it is not the fastest bike I ever owned by far but it is the funnest
there aint nothin like it

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#39 Unread post by jmillheiser »

My first bike was fully faired, great in colder weather, but once the temp started climbing it because unbearably hot. My bandit was half faired but might as well have been fully naked, was great in hot weather, but anything below 45 degrees was an exercise in freezing your butt off.

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#40 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

Interesting.

I am probably going to get a B-King - found one - non-ABS - for $8500 new.

Apparently, they didn't sell well and people think they are ugly. To me, this is an opportunity to have a unique bike. I sat on it last night and it is huge... Especially that gas tank, but I don't go triple digit speeds, so it not having a fairing or windscreen shouldn't be too horrible.

I do wonder how I'll do with low-speed maneuvers, though. I guess I'll have to practice a lot.

RhadamYgg