Bike´s definition

luis_alberto
Rookie
Rookie

Bike´s definition

#1 Unread post by luis_alberto »

Hello guys.

I was reading the post about the ugliest bikes and it came to my mind that I don´t know the definition of some types of bikes. For example: I know what cruiser, sport and dual pourpose bikes are, and what they are for. But I don´t get the concept of naked and hypermotards, and what they´re for.

Besides, evertybody is suppose to get a bike that best suits his/her necessities. So I was wondering... Does anyone knows or has a link to the definition and uses of the different types of bikes.

Luis.

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#2 Unread post by fireguzzi »

A naked sport bike is usually a bike with de-tuned sport bike engine and no plastic fairing like a sport bike. Also usually has a more upright sitting position. Higher handlebars and centered foot pegs. More practical for the streets then a full on sport bike.

A supermoto is basically a dirt bike with street bike tires and wheels. Made for fun fun fun. And wheelies. And fun.

Then you got things like the Ducati hypermotard, BMW megamoto (i think that is what its called) and the KTM Superduke that are more purpose built supermotos. Usually a little bigger and more powerfull then a regular SM. More aggressive styling. And a hell of a lot more $. Built for fun, raising hell, and scaring old ladies on the sidewalk.
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]