nemous
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male

Critical Question about CBR600RR 2008

#1 Unread post by nemous »

Hi all, I need a help from experienced people in honda models

My Name is Ahmad and i am from Egypt
I am on my way to buy a used Honda CBR600RR 2008 but I found there are 2 versions of this motorcycle among the dealers in Egypt, American Version and Japanese Version, some dealers told me that Japanese version has horse power and speed limitations beside a difference in the lighting system otherwise the American version has no limitations, so the dealers in Egypt sell the American version with a higher price than the Japanese version by $1500.

So please advice, is that true or not, and if is it try?? How can I spot the difference between the two versions to avoid any cons from the dealers.

Thanks a lot
Waiting for your help

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#2 Unread post by HYPERR »

Yes. In the Japanese version the horsepower is electronically limited. Something like 75 horsepower vs 100+ for the US one. I believe this restriction is to satisfy some stupid gov't regulation that goes way back. I'm pretty sure that the mechanicals are identical and the sole restriction is done electronically by a limiter. Overriding it is pretty easy as there are de-restrictors available. I'm sure 99% of CBR600RR owners in Japan override the restrictor. :mrgreen:

http://www.moto-works.jp/products/power_converters.html

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about the legality aspect of this in your country. Sorry.

The graphics are different on the japanese/US bikes. The japanese version usually gets much bolder and cooler graphics than the conservative US ones. I don't know about any difference in the lighting. As for the Kilo/Miles, I know my 2004 CBR can toggle back and forth so I'm sure you can with the 2008 as well.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS