Superfly3176
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2009 Harley Davidson Nightster XL1200N

Re: Harley-Davidson V-Rod not a Harley-Davidson

#21 Unread post by Superfly3176 »

Are we really going to touch on this again? How many more threads do we need about this topic. I've expressed my opinion on this matter several times. It's just that my opinion. But you all seem to harp on it endlessly. If the corvette suddenly went to a 4cylinder turbocharged model, I wouldn't be calling it a corvette anymore either. Same rolls for the jeep line they made offroad jeeps, CJ's, Wranglers, and Cherokee's for years. Now they make mostly mall hoppers.

How many times are you going to chastise my opinion? I'm sitting here trying to figure out who's worse, me for having such a hated opinion or all of you for not accepting that other people are entitled to their own opinions. Let's get another topic on my opinions please. Maybe we can change this board name to www.totalopinionhaters.com

I've touched on the differences between motorcycles and scooters in other threads as well.

Meanie
Legendary
Legendary

#22 Unread post by Meanie »

Superfly3176 wrote:Are we really going to touch on this again? How many more threads do we need about this topic. I've expressed my opinion on this matter several times. It's just that my opinion. But you all seem to harp on it endlessly. If the corvette suddenly went to a 4cylinder turbocharged model, I wouldn't be calling it a corvette anymore either. Same rolls for the jeep line they made offroad jeeps, CJ's, Wranglers, and Cherokee's for years. Now they make mostly mall hoppers.

How many times are you going to chastise my opinion? I'm sitting here trying to figure out who's worse, me for having such a hated opinion or all of you for not accepting that other people are entitled to their own opinions. Let's get another topic on my opinions please. Maybe we can change this board name to http://www.totalopinionhaters.com

I've touched on the differences between motorcycles and scooters in other threads as well.

For someone who claims to accept other opinions, you're indicating your opinion is the only opinion which matters and others don't mean s*h*i*t. Pretty damn insolent of you.

Here's the bottom line, there will always be opinions which differ from ours. You provide your opinion, if someone disagrees, so be it but they have the right to express it further if they incline. Now pay attention..... you are not obligated to participate, therefore, you don't like it, change the channel. It's that easy.
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#23 Unread post by mogster »

Superfly3176 wrote: Let's get another topic on my opinions please. .

This is a discussion forum so give us something else to talk about. Some may agree with you, some may not. Take a risk, express youself & let's see where it takes us.
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#24 Unread post by HYPERR »

Superfly3176 wrote:If the corvette suddenly went to a 4cylinder turbocharged model, I wouldn't be calling it a corvette anymore either.
The Vette started out as a competition for the small european sports car and originally came with the Blue Flame Six which was rated at only 150 gross HP. We don't rate in gross anymore so figure the figure is more like 105 HP in net rating.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#25 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Superfly3176 wrote:I've touched on the differences between motorcycles and scooters in other threads as well.
Differences that you couldn't defend there either.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#26 Unread post by ZRex »

Superfly3176 wrote:Are we really going to touch on this again? How many more threads do we need about this topic. I've expressed my opinion on this matter several times. It's just that my opinion. But you all seem to harp on it endlessly. If the corvette suddenly went to a 4cylinder turbocharged model, I wouldn't be calling it a corvette anymore either. Same rolls for the jeep line they made offroad jeeps, CJ's, Wranglers, and Cherokee's for years. Now they make mostly mall hoppers.

How many times are you going to chastise my opinion? I'm sitting here trying to figure out who's worse, me for having such a hated opinion or all of you for not accepting that other people are entitled to their own opinions. Let's get another topic on my opinions please. Maybe we can change this board name to http://www.totalopinionhaters.com

I don't want to restart an argument but, the problem with that argument is a Corvette is a model, Chevrolet is the make and Chevy makes several models of cars none of which are close to the Corvette. If H-D had called the V-Rod a Fat boy or Electra Glide, I would agree with you but, I can still buy a Fat boy (well I can't Because I'm broke) or a V-rod, I think I would be just as happy with either for different reasons.

Iron-head
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 73 Iron, 07 DX

#27 Unread post by Iron-head »

LOL! Oh my, what a treat to stumble across this thread. I realize it's older than dirt and this will probably fall on deaf ears, however, this thread, the responses and attitudes are a great case study into the psyche of the new breed....and old, for that matter of the HD faithful and their air-cooled, "big" twins.

I stand before you guilty of owning and/or previously owning an AMF, a Sportster AND a V-Rod. That should put me smack dab in the middle of the manure pile. I've heard more vitriol and anti-sportster, anti-V-Rod rhetoric than I care to remember. It really is a strange and complex phenomena, when the aging bookkeeper next door, buys his first Harley, and this attitude becomes him/her in an instant. We've all seen it, but nary a one of you admit it. Nor do you have any clue to why you hate or hated the Original Train, The Nova, The XLCR, Sporty, the V-Rod, the Streets and I'm sure the Livewire will get spat on in due time. All the while doing your 1200 miles a year going to bike night and HD dealer functions.

Why is it you have such anxiety towards the V-Rod and others. Give me one good reason why you just can't ignore it and keep your mouth shut, why it bothers you to the point of insults? Almost as if somehow threatened by it's existence.
You see, I don't really care, I've come to realize most of it is either form ignorance or lack of free thinking, however, I am more interested in your succinct desire to let the owners of different bikes know your disdain. What is that about? I mean sh!!t, we are not talking about some japanese brand or some weird 3 wheel thing, we are talking about HD's. LIke it or not, connived, designed and manufactured by HD, badged HD, titled HD and cost like an HD. What more ya gotta have? Suck it up, it's the fastest most reliable and bulletproof power-plant ever to come out of Milwaukee. You should be proud of it.

Oh ya,.........Shall I remind the faithful that your wonderful "real" Harley has heads originally designed by AMF and Porsche? LOL! :kicking:

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#28 Unread post by Johnj »

Hello Tony and welcome to the forum. You now owe me a picture of your bike.
0 hitchcock-digging-grave.jpg
0 hitchcock-digging-grave.jpg (86.23 KiB) Viewed 5147 times
Don't be this guy. :laughing:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#29 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Meh- seems like the people didn't really care too much about this 4+ years ago. I doubt they will anymore today.

Anything put out by Harley is a Harley. Since this thread started I added a certification to teach the Harley Davidson Riding Academy. All the dealers I've taught at, associated HOG chapters and riders coming through the program are just as accepting of streets, v-rods and sporters as they are of dynas, soft tails, road kings and ultras.

There may be a few purists out there but I haven't run into one in years.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#30 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Never liked Sportsters....but always liked the V-Rod.

I personally don't care what anyone rides.,,,so long as it's not too loud.