Markg1
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '09 Vrod and '10 Vmax

Harley-Davidson V-Rod not a Harley-Davidson

#1 Unread post by Markg1 »

I've been gone awhile and this forum gets out of hand! (HAHA) Okay, I want to carry this over from the thread that was locked. Somebody said ( I Know who) that Vrods are not Harleys. Umm... not to start a fight but I like my HARELY DAVIDSON Vrod. I was at a HARLEY DAVIDSON dealership when I bought it. I wrote the check to the HARLEY DAVDISON dealership and thought I was buying a HARLEY DAVIDSON. I also have a 2010 Vmax that I also love to ride. As a matter of fact I paid more for the Vmax than my Vrod. Both are not your typical motorcycles. (OH MY GOSH...MAYBE THEY ARE NOT MOTORCYCLES) As far as performance the Vrod does not stand a chance against the Vmax. But it's not what this is about. It's not what I'm about. And that's not what is forum is about! That's what I like about this forum. It doesnt matter if you ride a scooter or a Panhead...it's a brotherhood/sisterhood. I wave to everybody even if there riding a scooter...sometimes they wave sometimes they don't. I don't give it a second thought if they dont. If you don't think my Vrod is not a Harley that's okay. I still ride it with the same smile that I always have. If you don't like my Vmax then....what can I say but maybe "Catch me if you can". It's all good. But this what I will say that I believe...If you love to ride then ride what you love. You all have a great day!

Mark
Life may begin at 30 but it gets real interesting at 140!

Meanie
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Vrod not a Harley

#2 Unread post by Meanie »

The fact you required the need to start another thread justifying your acts confirmed your angst about the comment regarding the V-rod. If you're convinced the V-rod is truly a Harley, no explanation is needed. When some people are adamant within their belief, any explanation provided to them will not change their mind, therefore, why bother. Knowing the truth is all that matters and knowing you are happy with your purchase is all that matters.

BTW, a V-rod is a Harley? Damn, who knew.
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#3 Unread post by fireguzzi »

Man Im so disapointed. A vrod is not a harley......
Next ya'll will tell me this isn't a harley too. Can't all the different Harleys just get along?
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#4 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Lol. I knew Harley riders looked down on other bikes, but now they even call their own bikes non harleys? What ever is the world coming too?! Lol

A Ford Focus and an F350 are both Fords, a chevy Cruze and a Silverado are both chevys, a neon and a Ram are both dodges. Geeze, they is what they is. Companies have to make differing things and models to compete.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#5 Unread post by mogster »

There is always a certain ammount of snobbery within bikes & cars ownership, that will never change so I agree with the comment re. Why bother to argue.

As a Triumph owner there is some prejudice re Meridien built & Hinckley built. The former represents old classic bikes, & the latter the new (highly successful) modern Triumphs.

Both have their own value, but without Hinckley Triumph would be a thing of the past.

So is my Hinckley built Triumph a real Triumph?
Of course it is!
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

Harvey
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR, Honda Shadow RS

#6 Unread post by Harvey »

Often a guy will go out and buy a Sporster and then get made fun of by some other Harley owners because he rides a Sportster.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#7 Unread post by storysunfolding »

It's just insecurities in people about their choices in life. A guy makes fun of the guy who bought a sportster that can outperform a CVO Ultra Classic, but the sportster rider has that extra $26,000 USD in his pocket. It's won't be as good on a long trip but that extra money buys a lot of hookers and blow
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Meanie
Legendary
Legendary

#8 Unread post by Meanie »

Harvey wrote:Often a guy will go out and buy a Sporster and then get made fun of by some other Harley owners because he rides a Sportster.
Now wait a minute....the line has to be drawn somewhere. The guy who buys a Sportster should be made fun of. :laughing: That's one uncomfortable fugly bike, IMO. :P
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#9 Unread post by jstark47 »

Meanie wrote:
Harvey wrote:Often a guy will go out and buy a Sporster and then get made fun of by some other Harley owners because he rides a Sportster.
Now wait a minute....the line has to be drawn somewhere. The guy who buys a Sportster should be made fun of. :laughing: That's one uncomfortable fugly bike, IMO. :P
Ironically, the guy who started the "Vrod is not a Harley" mess rides a Nightster! :laughing:
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I can solve this easily.

A V-Rod IS a Harley-Davidson.

There I said so and I'm Total Motorcycle.

Need proof? http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/Harley-D ... Guides.htm

All those are Harley-Davidsons, even the "little" 883 Sportster.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.