vampfiend687
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 82 Suzuki GS750

Re: I'm an idiot.

#11 Unread post by vampfiend687 »

Well, I just pulled the ignition. Now I just have to wait for the keys to be made. It took me about 20 minutes, a phillips screwdriver, a size 12 socket wrench and an allen wrench, not sure the size. I removed the headlight so I could get behind it, took the 2 allen screws out of the ignition switch, pulled that loose and opened the headlight housing to unhook the wiring harness. It was a fairly easy job and I'm kind of worried about the security of my bike now. Anyone have a reccomendation of a good security system for an older bike?
"There comes a point in a man's life in which he must be tempted to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#12 Unread post by ceemes »

vampfiend687 wrote: Anyone have a reccomendation of a good security system for an older bike?
Yup, but you will need the following.

1) Heavy duty padlock
2) 6 to 12 feet of heavy duty steel chain
3) a rabid pitt bull with AIDS that is seriously peed off.

Padlock one end of the chain to the bike and attach the pitt bull to the other end. Trust me, no one will want to even touch your bike let alone steal it. And if they do steal it, well you can console yourself with the knowledge that they wanted even more then you, all tho now they can probably sing soprano with the Vienna Boys Choir. :devil:
Always ask why.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#13 Unread post by Wrider »

Believe it or not there are some that are even easier to grab. Don't worry about it though because most thieves don't even understand basic concepts such as "connect wire A to wire B to complete the circuit". Oh and use your fork lock. Not infallible, but not useless either.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha