scooter12
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: Honda Rebel 250/ Roketa Bali 250

Camping out on motorcycles

#1 Unread post by scooter12 »

Motorcycle camping is a fun experience. We used to camp on 49cc scooters. Riding on the shouldered of highway 63, out of Columbia MO and setup camp in Easily. It was near a old dead tree and we would fish off the bank of the Missouri River. It was funny, because up came a thunderstorm around 3:00 a.m. and all I kept thinking was, it that tree going to get struck by lightning and crush us both. lol... My tent was leaking too, which got me wet. The next morning, I let my sleeping bag dry out and we ate pork and beans and fished a bit longer. We started up the scooters and rode to a little country store, filled up our gas tanks and bought something to snack on. Rode on home. Today I ride a 250cc scooter. It moves a lot faster- 70 mph +... I can't ride on the shoulder. It is registered as a motorcycle and must ride on highways as a motorcycle would do. It is fun riding on highways. Seeing motorcycles pass. Just riding and feeling free.
Attachments
038.JPG
038.JPG (145.21 KiB) Viewed 2726 times

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

Re: Camping out on motorcycles

#2 Unread post by madjak30 »

That's different...I've never seen anyone put saddle bags on a scooter before...

I'm just about to buy a 50cc scooter for my wife & daughter to play around with. The goal is to get my wife into riding, then have her graduate onto a bigger scooter.

later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

scooter12
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: Honda Rebel 250/ Roketa Bali 250

#3 Unread post by scooter12 »

Ya, the scoots are a lot of fun. My saddlebags come in handy when going shopping at grocery store. They carry two 10 lbs of ice.. Or 4 bananas, 4 oranges, lunch meat, half gallon of milk, oatmeal, loaf of bread, few can goods, 6 pack of cola, a few candy bars.. So it is handy in camping. I felt the leather saddlebags would look better than hard saddlebags. One thing is the scoot bows out to far, to fit hard saddlebags on it. They look pretty decent on the scooter..

stitche
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2007 victory king pin tour

#4 Unread post by stitche »

was just cruizin through the posts and noticed the "camping"....we'll be camping for the next 2 months on our trip to Alaska. We both ride and both pull trailers, mine the Kwik Kamp he pulls a homemade cargo trailer....and we are bringing 40 of our meals with us...all dehydrated! We only added about 10 pounds to my trailer with all the food. We've been the restaurant/motel route and don't have any fun with that.