BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

Re: How many crashes in how many years?

#21 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

I agree but it can be very relative to your location as well. A lot of crashes are not the riders fault, and when one lives in an area with the highest population of self entitled moms on cellphone, kids texting, illegals with no insurance doing whatever they want in a traffic pattern you can't even use your blinker in for fear of letting idiots know where your going capital of the friggen universe :mrgreen: the chances greatly increase that a crash is imminent and dressing for said crash greatly improves ones chances of survival. :P
there aint nothin like it

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#22 Unread post by blues2cruise »

BRUMBEAR wrote:I agree but it can be very relative to your location as well. A lot of crashes are not the riders fault, and when one lives in an area with the highest population of self entitled moms on cellphone, kids texting, illegals with no insurance doing whatever they want in a traffic pattern you can't even use your blinker in for fear of letting idiots know where your going capital of the friggen universe :mrgreen: the chances greatly increase that a crash is imminent and dressing for said crash greatly improves ones chances of survival. :P
You forgot self entitled men, too.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#23 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

nah just a comma sorry and I'll add the white collar my call is more important than your life CEO beemer men as well as moms on cellphones :mrgreen:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#24 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Just 1 crash in 2001. Was riding in a group trying to catch up to the leaders (I was in 3rd slot out of 12) and trying beyond my own skill level (or the bikes) on a curvy secondary highway. Missed a corner around 70km/h and ended up flying 100 ft through the air as the bike endo'd into a 4' ditch and going 25' backwards. I was miraculously fine with a sprained wrist but the bike totaled and lesson was learned.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise

#25 Unread post by blues2cruise »

BRUMBEAR wrote:nah just a comma sorry and I'll add the white collar my call is more important than your life CEO beemer men as well as moms on cellphones :mrgreen:
OK.

We have a very large ethnic bunch where I am...and the ones I am speaking of...would probably shoot me with a gun if I ever said to hang up and drive.

Not all in that ethnic group are like that...but they are not as visible...the others that I do speak of usually have loud cars, flashy cars, expensive cars, cars with boom boxes...therefore they are highly visible and obnoxious. There is a large gang component and they don't give f**k about any rules.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#26 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

Wait a minute you just described NJ :shooting:

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

#27 Unread post by pchast »

Or New York :lol:
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

blues2cruise

#28 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I guess a lot of places have those same problems. They just seem to get worse instead of better. No amount of policing seems to have any effect.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#29 Unread post by High_Side »

blues2cruise wrote:I guess a lot of places have those same problems. They just seem to get worse instead of better. No amount of policing seems to have any effect.
That's because the "Policing" only equates to speed traps and easy money. If the police were truly concerned about safety they would put the speed trap efforts in to stopping a-hole drivers: people who drive distracted, aggressively cut off other drivers etc. In Alberta you can see someone texting at just about every intersection, but you NEVER see any police doing anything about it - even though there is a law against it. If the speed inexplicably drops on an off-ramp from 80-60km/hr., they are all over that!

:rant:

:laughing:

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#30 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

Hey you know NJ too Highside :lol: