Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

The color of my new Scout

#1 Unread post by Johnj »

I'm trading the Buell in on a new Indian Scout.

(Link to colors: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -Scout.htm)
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: The color of my new Scout

#2 Unread post by ceemes »

Flaming hot pink with day-glo purple poka-dots and stripes. :D
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Johnj wrote:I'm trading the Buell in on a new Indian Scout.
Way to go! :revv:

I can't tell you how much I do love that new 2015 Indian Scout, and I haven't even sat or seen it yet! LOL. But the idea of it's potential, it's design, the quality, name, history, etc is just intoxicating. It's on the Cool Wall this week and I said "If this doesn't make bike of the year... " lol. :D

I think it's really great you are taking a community poll for what people think of the colour choices, that's so awesome!

So, in ranking 1-4, here would be my color preferences:

1. Indian Motorcycle Red. I just love how the tan seat color and the silver/grey blend with the red. Also it's quite the historical choice. Like a red Ferrari.

2. Silver Smoke. An interestingly visual classic color that really works well with the silver accents of the engine and chrome. Reminds me of the 1930's machine age designs.

3. / 4. Thunder Black and Thunder Black Smoke. I think Indian deserves more than just gloss/flat black because it has so many special design elements that the black hides those elements like camouflage and makes the bike have too much black and not enough accent. Between the two blacks I'd go Thunder Black Smoke myself. I'd have a hard time not spending the $300 to get something special other than gloss black.

So, definitely Red or Silver Smoke for me based on the above. :D

In the end, no matter the color, you'd be riding something special. :revv:

Mike
Attachments
Scout-red-static1.jpg
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

BTW - When putting any model up on TMW I generally limit myself (due to server space and bandwidth) to around 6 photos. If you need more pictures of any of the colors just ask, I have 4 folders full of them (like the one I attached above).

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Johnj
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#5 Unread post by Johnj »

Mike, do you have a picture of the left side in Thunder Black Smoke.

Ceemes, I'm not sure your Triumph will look good in those colors, but if anybody can pull it off it's you. :lol:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#6 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I like silver smoke as well, looks good with the chunky charcoal gray frame. Kind of industrial, and I mean that in a good way.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Johnj wrote:Mike, do you have a picture of the left side in Thunder Black Smoke.
It's kinda odd, but there are very few photos of the left side that were released to the media. I did find one other left side photo in Thunder Black (from the Australian Indian media site):
AUS2014080342772_HIR1.jpg

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#8 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Congratulations!!! I am not surprised that the Scout inspired someone on the boards here to jump on it. I can't wait to read your stories of how much you love it! :revv:

I voted for the Silver Smoke because it just looks so crisp and industrial, as what Grey Thumper said. It seems to be the colour that fits that bike the best.

The red is simply stunning but I see it appealing more to a "traditional cruiser person" and since you have a smokin' crazy Buell sports bike right now, I am not sure that would be the look you are after.

I am just not a fan of black in general... unless a certain model "deserves" black (like Mike's V7 in matte black)... and in this case I don't see it.

Here's the photo that made me choose Silver Smoke for you:

Andrea :sun:

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#9 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Oh man loosin a Bueller to my anti motorcycle THE HORROR, THE HORROR
Good Luck with it BTW :D
there aint nothin like it

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#10 Unread post by ceemes »

BRUMBEAR wrote:NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Oh man loosin a Bueller to my anti motorcycle THE HORROR, THE HORROR
Good Luck with it BTW :D
Hence the colour scheme I suggested, if the man is gonna go over to "play for the other team", he may as well go all the way. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Always ask why.