No votes

Total votes: 11

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: The color of my new Scout

#21 Unread post by sunshine229 »

...drum roll please... so what colour did you go with? Red won the poll... but did you agree with the "fan's choice"? Waiting with baited breath... :mrgreen:
Andrea :sun:

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#22 Unread post by Johnj »

I've placed an order for a red one. Delivery in Nov or even Dec.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#23 Unread post by dr_bar »

Try this for paint...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Johnj

#24 Unread post by Johnj »

Well this is a week late and couple pictures short. Indian of Kansas City had an open house last weekend, with demo rides. They had Scout, Chief Classic, Chief Vintage, Chieftain, and Roadmaster models to ride. The Scout was very nicely done, all four models were running and all rode well. It's modern in its manufacturing but vintage in its style. Then there's the big Indian. The 111c.i. Thunderstroke V-Twin is a massive engine and should get plenty of guys wanting to ride.
Attachments
indinarow.jpg
indscout.jpg
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

#25 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Johnj wrote:Well this is a week late and couple pictures short. Indian of Kansas City had an open house last weekend, with demo rides. They had Scout, Chief Classic, Chief Vintage, Chieftain, and Roadmaster models to ride. The Scout was very nicely done, all four models were running and all rode well. It's modern in its manufacturing but vintage in its style..
Wow, they look really nice! Wish Indian thought about bringing their demo truck to more places in Texas than just El Paso... :(

So, tell me, how did the Scout ride/handle/power?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Johnj

#26 Unread post by Johnj »

The Scout was a blast, good power, it would run with the big Indian or at least there on the demo ride it did. Slower to turn in than the Buell, it held it's line through the limited curves the demo ride took us through.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

#27 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Johnj wrote:The Scout was a blast, good power, it would run with the big Indian or at least there on the demo ride it did. Slower to turn in than the Buell, it held it's line through the limited curves the demo ride took us through.
You look good on it! In the photos it looks modern yet retro at the same time. It's quite fascinating to look at really with all it's design details.

May I ask, what is your inseam?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Johnj

#28 Unread post by Johnj »

That isn't me in the photo, it's Halsey Taylor. I'm the guy behind the camera. :lol:
My inseam is 31. My sign is shabby.

Johnj

#29 Unread post by Johnj »

Now for the rest of the story. I got a call from the dealer that my bike was in. I ran out to the dealer to finish up but the sales manager would only give me $2200 for my pristine 2009 Buell 1125CR. Kelly blue Book says $3800 wholesale $5500 retail. The guy wouldn't even talk about it. So I walked away. Oh well.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#30 Unread post by HYPERR »

Johnj wrote:Now for the rest of the story. I got a call from the dealer that my bike was in. I ran out to the dealer to finish up but the sales manager would only give me $2200 for my pristine 2009 Buell 1125CR. Kelly blue Book says $3800 wholesale $5500 retail. The guy wouldn't even talk about it. So I walked away. Oh well.
I think you are better off. I would much rather have a pristine example of 1125CR than a new Scout. :kicking:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS