Discuss: Have you (or would you) buy a full leather suit?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Discuss: Have you (or would you) buy a full leather suit?

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Discuss: Have you (or would you) buy a full leather suit? Maybe for a track day or for the street?
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: Discuss: Have you (or would you) buy a full leather suit

#2 Unread post by ceemes »

If you mean a one piece, yeah I wouldn't mind one....but they are hard to find in my size.....extra tall fat basstard size....as it is, I usually wear a full leather jacket, leather overpants, and leather gloves....so I guess I wear a two piece leather suit.
Always ask why.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#3 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

Even harder for me just Fat bastrd with fire plug legs :mrgreen:
So I got a two piece it zips together on the complete belt line to make a one piece or just a back zipper for novice track days.
Attachments
260535_10151599433649522_490817135_n.jpg
there aint nothin like it

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Heya, that's a pretty darn awesome pic there Dave! (seriously it's great).

For me, I've looked at them but never had the money to buy one and when I started riding (many moons ago) I remember I thought I'd get one for riding on the highway (safety first you know). But that never happened. I do have a pair of riding jeans. But Houston's hot (100-110+°F) weather does limit what you can really wear before you die in the heat. Last year I rode with a full wet riding suit on and almost died in the heat after a few blocks.

Tracks, highways and touring, I can see the advantages of a one-piece or even two-piece, but very hot weather, oooo.... Still I'd rather sweat than bleed, but passing out on the bike from heat exhaustion would be an issue.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#5 Unread post by Hanson »

If I had a lot of money and a lot of time, I would ride track days and I would want proper leathers for that activity. For commuting, a one peace textile from Aerostich would be great for easy on and easy off with the full length zippers. For serious touring or LD riding, I would rather have the superior weather protection and functionality of a two peace synthetic which is what I have at this time. I especially like the offerings from Klim. I view this last option is the most versatile.

Now... if I where to win the lottery ... I would spend a lot of time at track schools and other motorcycle training venues and I would certainly invest in leathers. I would also soon have a lot more garage space.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

#6 Unread post by pchast »

Yup. I kind of feel the same.
As soon as I win a lottery...
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#7 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I've got a leather jacket that I'm using less and less these days. Climate change I guess.
I'm not a trackday guy, so I'm not interested in a 1-piece (and they usually force you into a crouch; perfect for sport bikes, not so great for standards).

If I lived someplace cooler and if I had loads of money, I'd get a custom BKS or Vansons touring 2-piece for my fat belly and stumpy legs.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

ronrex
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2000 Kawasaki zrx1100

#8 Unread post by ronrex »

if i could afford one, yes. And i would do track days too, if i could afford it.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#9 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

I haven't done track days in years but the 2 piece allows for it if I choose. The top is perforated and the lowers have spandex kind of stuff on the inside of the leggs they breathe very very well. It is still hot on summer days and I believe someone answered with the Aerostich which is IMO the best option if you want better protection.
there aint nothin like it

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#10 Unread post by High_Side »

I used to have the full racing jammies and they were great for back then, and matched the rest of the persona that I had going on way back when. They are safe,and offer a lot of protection and for the track it is the only way to go. But our track is gone :( and I cannot believe how much better my two piece tour master suit is compared to anything else I have ever owned. Much warmer when it is cold, yet the venting allows me to be comfortable on a + Deg C. day. Great protection too. It doesn't look the part like the leathers did back in the 90's, but I don't look the part much anymore either!