Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: Hard to find bike?

#21 Unread post by HYPERR »

Jarlaxle wrote:Sportbike rider position
You think so??? :boat:

Jarlaxle wrote:...and honestly, that thing is Pontiac Aztek hideous!
No argument there. :ninja:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2014 Harley SPortster 1200 Touring

#22 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

She would: looks to be like the Ninja--knees up, feet back. But actually, it's not Aztek hideous.

It's more neon-pink Pacer with lime green polka dots, lavender shag carpet interior, neon orange seats, and chartreuse steering wheel hideous.

It's a bit bigger than she wanted (almost 700lbs), but what about a Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours?

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#23 Unread post by HYPERR »

Jarlaxle wrote:
It's a bit bigger than she wanted (almost 700lbs), but what about a Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours?
Great bike, but it has a somewhat sporty riding positon. If you expand yourself out of the 800cc cap you originally had, you will have a lot more choices.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite

#24 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

Not necessarily that...more the fact that she doesn't really want a 700lb motorcycle.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#25 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Jarlaxle wrote:Not necessarily that...more the fact that she doesn't really want a 700lb motorcycle.
Ok, I have found the PEFECT bike you are looking for, it's cheap too if you can find one, but there you go:

Was called the "little wing" as it was the little sister of the Gold Wing... but it features everything you are looking for, a 500cc (or the later 650cc) engine, full fairing, standard riding position, lower weight, Honda reliability, highway pegs, even a radio and luggage!

I introduce to you, the Honda Silverwing:

NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

gsJack
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: 02 GS500

#26 Unread post by gsJack »

Those were around when I started riding 30 years ago Mike. Looks like it might meet John's requirements. The new Silverwings might too:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#27 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

gsJack wrote:Those were around when I started riding 30 years ago Mike. Looks like it might meet John's requirements. The new Silverwings might too:

Yup, I know, it's old, but I was thinking of a bike that fits it all and has a standard 80s riding position plus be in the under 800cc range... not many bikes like that around... but a good cared for 25 year old+ bike can be more reliable than a newer uncared for one...

Definitely thought this one one as well, I just didn't know if a mega-scoot would work... But if so, this, the Yamaha Majesty and the Burgman would be ideal...

Then the question is for Jarlaxle, can a scoot work?

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite

#28 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

I honestly don't know. If she gets a scoot, I would much rather see her on a Burgy or a big Kymco than a Silverwing.

The GL6550 looks good...can they take highway pegs? :)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#29 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Jarlaxle wrote:I honestly don't know. If she gets a scoot, I would much rather see her on a Burgy or a big Kymco than a Silverwing.

The GL6550 looks good...can they take highway pegs? :)
Yup, the GL550 and GL650 sure can. Heck, they are the Honda Mini-Gold wings, you would be amazed what the amount of features and accessories they had in the day. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... g&_sacat=0

The nicest thing about a bike like this is the parts (which you will be buying) are cheap, cheap, cheap.

The engine was a Transverse V-Twin as well, one of Honda's best and it has it's own unique character as well. My Guzzi uses the same type of engine and it's pretty darn awesome.

With older bikes though, you always have to be aware of maintenance, but if properly maintained, they can be real treats to own. You just have to remember they are not always turn-key bikes are require TLC.

Mike

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite

#30 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

Hmm...what about a Honda PC800 Pacific Coast?

Or are they pure unobtanium?