Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

KTM’S BLAZUSIAK AND ROBERT FINISH 2-3 IN SALT LAKE ENDUROCRO

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#KTM’S @BLAZUSIAK AND ROBERT FINISH 2-3 IN SALT LAKE #ENDUROCROSS

Red Bull KTM’s Taddy Blazusiak finished a close second to Cody Webb in Rd. 5 of the AMA EnduroCross in Salt Lake City on Saturday with factory teammate Taylor Robert taking third in the pro class. Cody Webb was the winner and he now leads the championship by three points from Blazusiak.

But in the final it was Factory Husqvarna’s Mike Brown who took the holeshot award and began to distance himself from the field, taking with him the two KTM factory riders Blazusiak and Robert with him. Meanwhile Colton Haaker, winner of last week’s round in Denver crashed and found himself in last place.

By lap four, Webb pressuring Brown and waiting to capitalize on any mistake he might make. Webb moved swiftly when Brown fumbled at the woodpile and led the field in lap five. By then Robert had overtaken Blazusiak and they began some serious jostling for third place. Haaker had by then moved up to fifth and held on to that spot until the end of the race.

Blazusiak, a Red Bull athlete moved past Robert into third place by the half way mark and then went after Brown for second. Out front Webb had consolidated his lead to a 10 second advantage going into the final laps but then came unstuck in the elevated rock turn. Webb held onto the lead but Blazusiak turned up the pace and he and Robert got past Brown to soak up the minor podium places.

Taddy Blazusiak: “I made mistakes but then towards the end of the race I got that rhythm going again and started working on the guys. In the end, I am happy with second. It’s a good second looking towards the championship.”
Robert said he was happy with third after a slow start to the season due to injury. “Now I am feeling 100% so I am back up there battling for the top spot,” he said.
“Overall, I am very happy with our two rider’s results,” stated Factory FMF/KTM Team Manager Antti Kallonen. “Taddy (Blazusiak) was able to stay in the points hunt and Taylor (Robert) continued to progress earning his first podium this season.”
Next Event: October 18, 2014 – Everett, WA
AMA EnduroCross Main Event Pro Class
Results
1, Cody Webb Beta
2, Taddy Blazusiak KTM
3, Taylor Robert KTM
4, Mike Brown Husqvarna
5, Colton Haaker, Honda
6, Max Gerston Beta
7, Ty Tremaine KTM
8, Nick Thompson KTM
9, Bobby Prochnau
10, Geoff Aaron KTM
Championship points
1, Webb 143
2, Blazusiak 140
3, Haaker 133
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.