Discuss: How you do feel about other riders who showoff?

ronrex
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2000 Kawasaki zrx1100

Re: Discuss: How you do feel about other riders who showoff?

#11 Unread post by ronrex »

we don't really seem to have any/many...been a few years since i saw two guys riding wheelies on the opposite side of us 65...word is they both got caught 10 miles down the road...lol. No traffic to speak of, but there are guys at work claiming all sorts of nonsense i can't confirm. As long as i don't have to pay for their stupidity, i guess i can remember being just as stupid.

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#12 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Yeah, absolutely irresponsible to do any sort of stunt riding on the street.

More than that though, I think ANY sort of advanced riding on public roadways is irresponsible. If you're not riding at The Pace, you're endangering yourself and everyone else on the roadway. Doing wheelies or stoppies or burnouts or drifts outside of a controlled track environment is just as ridiculous as hanging off your plastic fantastic or challenging your buddies to get a knee down. Take that stuff to the track where it belongs.

Richard, I've seen the videos of those d-bags in Texas doing the gang-stunt riding on the highway. Fortunately for the tax paying public, those idiots have a habit of video taping themselves doing it -- every other rider on the video I saw was wearing a GOPRO on their helmet. Stupid is as stupid does right?

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#13 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

JackoftheGreen wrote:More than that though, I think ANY sort of advanced riding on public roadways is irresponsible. If you're not riding at The Pace, you're endangering yourself and everyone else on the roadway.
+1000

And I don't want to be callous, but even if you don't end up endangering anyone else in the event of a crash, you contribute to the negative perception of motorcyclists, and (depending on the country) increase the premiums we pay on insurance.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#14 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Not impressed.....so what if they know how to wheelie...lots of people can do wheelies.

I'm impressed when I see stunt riders at a show. Not on the street full of traffic.

NORTY
Veteran
Veteran
My Motorcycle: Harley & Trumpet

#15 Unread post by NORTY »

Depends on what the "showoff" is doing. Stunts on the public roads/highways? Not so much.

AMA Pro roadracers that follow the laws while riding on the street are the smoooooothest riders out there. They haul buns around various tracks, six days a week, for 12 months a year. Year after year after year. They love just "going for a ride" without the pressures of managers/sponsers/fans.

You don't see them with their knee on the ground on the street. That's what they get paid to do the other times they are at work...
MSF RiderCoach