MilkLoverMN
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: Susuki Boulevard S50

Did I blow it up?? What to do next?

#1 Unread post by MilkLoverMN »

Hello, I'll be brief. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a 2005 Susuki Boulevard S50, its basically my first non learner, but have been riding for 5 years or so. I took it out today about 3 miles on the highway I exit and am sitting at a light, tons of smoke starts coming from the mid pipe area by kick stand. I pull off into a parking lot, turn it off, and here comes the fluid....I see it dripping oil and smoking. I let it sit, confirm it was oil and proceed to weep. I come back later to find that the oil window is dark but has more fluid than I started the day with, its still black. I assume that I had coolant in the engine mixed with oil???

The bike still started up fine and I drove it .5 miles down the road so it wouldn't get towed. It ran well, but still smoked a little when I stopped it. My question is, how fu**ed am I? What's my next step? Buy some leak sealant and put fluids in it before I drive it to the shop? I know it's not an expensive or super nice bike, but if it's salvageable I'd like to.

Thanks
Mark

gsJack
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: 02 GS500

Re: Did I blow it up?? What to do next?

#2 Unread post by gsJack »

Could be coolant but more likely it's gas that leaked into the oil if oil level has increased. Does oil smell like gas? If so carb clean and oil change might fix.